Education and retirement: does University education at mid-age extend working life?
AbstractH52, H55, I28 Copyright Stenberg and Westerlund; licensee Springer. 2013
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal IZA Journal of European Labor Studies.
Volume (Year): 2 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/40174
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fredriksson, Peter & Johansson, Per, 2008. "Dynamic Treatment Assignment," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 26, pages 435-445.
- de Luna, Xavier & Stenberg, Anders & Westerlund, Olle, 2008.
"Can Adult Education Delay Retirement from the Labour Market?,"
UmeÃ¥ Economic Studies
756, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Anders Stenberg & Xavier Luna & Olle Westerlund, 2012. "Can adult education delay retirement from the labour market?," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 677-696, January.
- de Luna, Xavier & Stenberg, Anders & Westerlund, Olle, 2010. "Can adult education delay retirement from the labour market?," Working Paper Series 2010:2, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- de Luna, Xavier & Stenberg, Anders & Westerlund, Olle, 2008. "Can Adult Education Delay Retirement from the Labour Market?," Working Paper Series 6/2008, Swedish Institute for Social Research.
- Black, Dan A. & Smith, J.A.Jeffrey A., 2004.
"How robust is the evidence on the effects of college quality? Evidence from matching,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 121(1-2), pages 99-124.
- Dan A. Black & Jeffrey Smith, 2003. "How Robust is the Evidence on the Effects of College Quality? Evidence From Matching," University of Western Ontario, CIBC Centre for Human Capital and Productivity Working Papers 20033, University of Western Ontario, CIBC Centre for Human Capital and Productivity.
- Stenberg, Anders & de Luna, Xavier & Westerlund, Olle, 2011.
"Does Formal Education for Older Workers Increase Earnings? – Analyzing Annual Data Stretching over 25 Years,"
UmeÃ¥ Economic Studies
823, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Stenberg, Anders & de Luna, Xavier & Westerlund, Olle, 2011. "Does Formal Education for Older Workers Increase Earnings? Analyzing Annual Data Stretching Over 25 Years," Working Paper Series 8/2011, Swedish Institute for Social Research.
- David H. Autor & Frank Levy & Richard J. Murnane, 2001.
"The Skill Content of Recent Technological Change: An Empirical Exploration,"
NBER Working Papers
8337, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Autor & Frank Levy & Richard Murnane, 2003. "The skill content of recent technological change: an empirical exploration," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Nov.
- David H. Autor & Frank Levy & Richard J. Murnane, 2003. "The Skill Content Of Recent Technological Change: An Empirical Exploration," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 118(4), pages 1279-1333, November.
- Stenberg, Anders, 2011. "Using longitudinal data to evaluate publicly provided formal education for low skilled," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 1262-1280.
- Didier Fouarge & Trudie Schils, 2009. "The Effect of Early Retirement Incentives on the Training Participation of Older Workers," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 23(s1), pages 85-109, 03.
- Daniel Hallberg & Matias Eklöf, 2010. "Do buy-outs of older workers matter?: Estimating retirement behavior with special early retirement offers," International Journal of Manpower, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 31(3), pages 337-359, July.
- Stenberg, Anders & Westerlund, Olle, 2008.
"Does comprehensive education work for the long-term unemployed,"
Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 54-67, February.
- Stenberg, Anders & Westerlund, Olle, 2004. "Does Comprehensive Education Work for the Long-term Unemployed?," UmeÃ¥ Economic Studies 641, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Eklöf, Matias & Hallberg, Daniel, 2004. "Private Alternatives and Early Retirement Programs," Working Paper Series 2004:5, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- James Monks, 1998. "The effect of uncertain returns on human capital investment patterns," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 26(4), pages 413-419, December.
- Comay, Yochanan & Melnik, A & Pollatschek, M A, 1973. "The Option Value of Education and the Optimal Path for Investment in Human Capital," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(2), pages 421-35, June.
- de Luna, Xavier & Johansson, Per, 2007. "Matching estimators for the effect of a treatment on survival times," Working Paper Series 2007:1, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Marcin Bielecki & Karolina Goraus & Jan Hagemejer & Joanna Tyrowicz, 2014. "The Sooner The Better - The Welfare Effects of the Retirement Age Increase Under Various Pension Schemes," Working Papers 2014-12, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.