The European Redemption Pact: Implementation and macroeconomic effects
AbstractOne possible solution to the sovereign debt crisis is the European Redemption Pact (ERP) proposed by the German Council of Economic Experts. The ERP provides sustainable financing conditions for participating sovereigns to facilitate bringing public debt ratios below the reference value of 60% within the next 20 to 25 years. In this paper, we describe one possible way of implementing the ERP and analyse the fiscal effects of participating in the ERP. The macroeconomic impact of the proposal is illustrated with the multi-country model NiGEM. Copyright ZBW and Springer-Verlag 2012
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Intereconomics.
Volume (Year): 47 (2012)
Issue (Month): 4 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=113472
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Parello, Carmelo Pierpaolo & Visco, Vincenzo, 2012.
"The European Redemption Fund: A Comparison of Two Proposals,"
42232, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Parello Carmelo Pierpaolo & Visco Vincenzo, 2012. "The European Redemption Fund: A Comparison of Two Proposals," Politica economica, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 273-306.
- Parello, Carmelo Pierpaolo & Visco, Vincenzo, 2012. "The european redemption fund: a comparison of two proposals," MPRA Paper 42874, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 26 Nov 2012.
- Bofinger, Peter & Buch, Claudia M. & Feld, Lars P. & Franz, Wolfgang & Schmidt, Christoph M., 2012. "Vom Binnenmarkt zur Bankenunion: Ein Vorschlag des Sachverständigenrates zur Begutachtung der gesamtwirtschaftlichen Entwicklung," Working Papers 09/2012, German Council of Economic Experts / Sachverständigenrat zur Begutachtung der gesamtwirtschaftlichen Entwicklung.
- Buch, Claudia M. & Körner, Tobias & Weigert, Benjamin, 2013.
"Towards deeper financial integration in Europe: What the Banking Union can contribute,"
02/2013, German Council of Economic Experts / Sachverständigenrat zur Begutachtung der gesamtwirtschaftlichen Entwicklung.
- Claudia M. Buch & T. Körner & B. Weigert, 2013. "Towards Deeper Financial Integration in Europe: What the Banking Union Can Contribute," IWH Discussion Papers 13, Halle Institute for Economic Research.
- repec:pra:mprapa:42873 is not listed on IDEAS
- Schmidt, Christoph M & Weigert, Benjamin, 2013.
"Weathering the crisis and beyond: Perspectives for the Euro Area,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
9414, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Christoph Schmidt & Benjamin Weigert, 2013. "Weathering the crisis and beyond: perspectives for the Euro area," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 20(4), pages 564-595, August.
- Christoph M. Schmidt & Benjammin Weigert, 2013. "Weathering the Crisis and Beyond: Perspectives for the Euro Area," Ruhr Economic Papers 0409, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Catherine Mathieu & Henri Sterdyniak, 2013. "Redemption," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2013-06, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.