The underdevelopment of service industry in china: An empirical study of cities in Yangtze River Delta
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Frontiers of Economics in China.
Volume (Year): 6 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/11459
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L80 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - General
- L90 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - General
- L98 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Government Policy
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Francisco J. Buera & Joseph P. Kaboski, 2006.
"The Rise of the Service Economy,"
2006 Meeting Papers
496, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Ciccone, Antonio & Hall, Robert E, 1996.
"Productivity and the Density of Economic Activity,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 86(1), pages 54-70, March.
- Antonio Ciccone & Robert E. Hall, 1996. "Productivity and the Density of Economic Activity," NBER Working Papers 4313, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ciccone, A. & Hall, R.E., 1993. "Productivity and the Density of Economic Activity," Working Papers e-93-6, Hoover Institution, Stanford University.
- Antonio Ciccone & Robert E. Hall, 1995. "Productivity and the density of economic activity," Economics Working Papers 120, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Henderson, J. Vernon, 1986. "Efficiency of resource usage and city size," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 47-70, January.
- Moomaw, Ronald L, 1981. "Productivity and City Size? A Critique of the Evidence [Are There Returns to Scale in City Size?]. [Bias in the Cross Section Estimates of the Elasticity of Substitution]," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 96(4), pages 675-88, November.
- Baumol, William J. & Batey Blackman, Sue Anne & Wolff, Edward N., 1984.
"Unbalanced Growth Revisited: Asymptotic Stagnancy and New Evidence,"
84-02, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Baumol, William J & Blackman, Sue Anne Batey & Wolff, Edward N, 1985. "Unbalanced Growth Revisited: Asymptotic Stagnancy and New Evidence," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(4), pages 806-17, September.
- Ghani, Ejaz, 2012. "Service with a Smile," World Bank - Economic Premise, The World Bank, issue 96, pages 1-6, November.
- Bernard, Andrew B & Jones, Charles I, 1996. "Comparing Apples to Oranges: Productivity Convergence and Measurement across Industries and Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(5), pages 1216-38, December.
- Oulton, Nicholas, 2001.
"Must the Growth Rate Decline? Baumol's Unbalanced Growth Revisited,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 53(4), pages 605-27, October.
- Nicholas Oulton, 2000. "Must the growth rate decline? Baumol's unbalanced growth revisited," Bank of England working papers 107, Bank of England.
- Rachel Ngai & Roberto Samaniego, 2011.
"Accounting for Research and Productivity Growth Across Industries,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 14(3), pages 475-495, July.
- Rachel Ngai & Roberto Samaniego, 2009. "Code files for "Accounting for Research and Productivity Growth Across Industries"," Computer Codes 09-126, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- L. Rachel Ngai & Roberto M. Samaniego, 2009. "Accounting for Research and Productivity Growth Across Industries," CEP Discussion Papers dp0914, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Fixler, Dennis J. & Siegel, Donald, 1999. "Outsourcing and productivity growth in services," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 177-194, June.
- Robert E. Hall & Charles I. Jones, 1999.
"Why Do Some Countries Produce So Much More Output per Worker than Others?,"
NBER Working Papers
6564, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert E. Hall & Charles I. Jones, 1999. "Why Do Some Countries Produce So Much More Output Per Worker Than Others?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 114(1), pages 83-116, February.
- Victor R. Fuchs, 1967. "INTRODUCTION to "Differentials in Hourly Earnings by Region and City Size, 1959"," NBER Chapters, in: Differentials in Hourly Earnings by Region and City Size, 1959, pages 1-5 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Claudio De Vincenti, 2007. "'Baumol'S Disease', Production Externalities And Productivity Effects Of Intersectoral Transfers," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(3), pages 396-412, 07.
- Barry Eichengreen & Poonam Gupta, 2009.
"The Two Waves of Service-Sector Growth,"
Development Economics Working Papers
22914, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Markusen, James R. & Strand, Bridget, 2007.
"Trade in Business Services in General Equilibrium,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6080, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Koichi Futagami & Yasushi Ohkusa, 2003. "The Quality Ladder and Product Variety: Larger Economies May Not Grow Faster," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 54(3), pages 336-351.
- Mari Sako, 2006. "Outsourcing and Offshoring: Implications for Productivity of Business Services," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(4), pages 499-512, Winter.
- Jochen Hartwig, 2006. "Productivity Growth in Service Industries – Has 'Baumol's Disease' Really Been Cured?," KOF Working papers 06-155, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.