Hazard rate for credit risk and hedging defaultable contingent claims
AbstractWe provide a concise exposition of theoretical results that appear in modeling default time as a random time, we study in details the invariance martingale property and we establish a representation theorem which leads, in a complete market setting, to the hedging portfolio of a vulnerable claim. Our main result is that, to hedge a defaultable claim one has to invest the value of this contingent claim in the defaultable zero-coupon. Copyright Springer-Verlag Berlin/Heidelberg 2004
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Finance and Stochastics.
Volume (Year): 8 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/content/101164/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Philippe Ehlers & Philipp J. Schoenbucher, 2006.
"Background Filtrations andCanonical Loss Processes for Top-Down Models of Portfolio Credit Risk,"
Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series
07-07, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Philippe Ehlers & Philipp Schönbucher, 2009. "Background filtrations and canonical loss processes for top-down models of portfolio credit risk," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 79-103, January.
- Christophette Blanchet-Scalliet & Anne Eyraud-Loisel & Manuela Royer-Carenzi, 2010. "Hedging of Defaultable Contingent Claims using BSDE with uncertain time horizon," Post-Print hal-00341431, HAL.
- Agostino Capponi & Jose Figueroa-Lopez & Jeffrey Nisen, 2011. "Pricing and Semimartingale Representations of Vulnerable Contingent Claims in Regime-Switching Markets," Papers 1110.0403, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2012.
- Blanchet-Scalliet, Christophette & El Karoui, Nicole & Martellini, Lionel, 2005. "Dynamic asset pricing theory with uncertain time-horizon," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 29(10), pages 1737-1764, October.
- Christophette Blanchet-Scalliet & Anne Eyraud-Loisel & Manuela Royer-Carenzi, 2008. "Hedging of Defaultable Contingent Claims using BSDE with uncertain time horizon," Papers 0811.4039, arXiv.org, revised Sep 2009.
- Tomoaki Shouda, 2005. "Dynamical analysis of corporate bonds based on the yield spread term-quality surface," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer, vol. 12(4), pages 307-332, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.