Pricing double barrier options using Laplace transforms
AbstractIn this paper we address the pricing of double barrier options. To derive the density function of the first-hit times of the barriers, we analytically invert the Laplace transform by contour integration. With these barrier densities, we derive pricing formulÖfor new types of barrier options: knock-out barrier options which pay a rebate when either one of the barriers is hit. Furthermore we discuss more complicated types of barrier options like double knock-in options.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Finance and Stochastics.
Volume (Year): 4 (2000)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Note: received: August 1997; final version received: October 1998
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/content/101164/
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- J. C. Ndogmo & D. B. Ntwiga, 2007. "High-order accurate implicit methods for the pricing of barrier options," Papers 0710.0069, arXiv.org.
- Hardy Hulley & Eckhard Platen, 2007. "Laplace Transform Identities for Diffusions, with Applications to Rebates and Barrier Options," Research Paper Series 203, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Jean-Pierre Fouque & Sebastian Jaimungal & Matthew Lorig, 2010. "Spectral Decomposition of Option Prices in Fast Mean-Reverting Stochastic Volatility Models," Papers 1007.4361, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2012.
- Aleksandar Mijatović, 2010. "Local time and the pricing of time-dependent barrier options," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 13-48, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.