Bounds on prices of contingent claims in an intertemporal economy with proportional transaction costs and general preferences
AbstractAnalytic bounds on the reservation write price of European-style contingent claims are derived in the presence of proportional transaction costs in a model which allows for intermediate trading. The option prices are obtained via a utility maximization approach by comparing the maximized utilities with and without the contingent claim. The mathematical tools come mainly from the theories of singular stochastic control and viscosity solutions of nonlinear partial differential equations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Finance and Stochastics.
Volume (Year): 3 (1999)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Note: received: October 1997; final version received: August 1998
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/content/101164/
Other versions of this item:
- George M. Constantinides & Thaleia Zariphopoulou, . "Bounds on Prices of Contingent Claims in an Intertemporal Economy with Proportional Transaction Costs and General Preferences," CRSP working papers 347, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- C6 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling
- D9 - Microeconomics - - Intertemporal Choice
- G1 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Duffie, Darrell, 2003. "Intertemporal asset pricing theory," Handbook of the Economics of Finance, in: G.M. Constantinides & M. Harris & R. M. Stulz (ed.), Handbook of the Economics of Finance, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 11, pages 639-742 Elsevier.
- Bertram Düring & Michel Fournié & Ansgar Jüngel, 2001. "High order compact finite difference schemes for a nonlinear Black-Scholes equation," CoFE Discussion Paper 01-07, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Valeri Zakamouline, 2003. "European Option Pricing and Hedging with both Fixed and Proportional Transaction Costs," Finance 0311009, EconWPA.
- Zakamouline, Valeri I., 2006. "European option pricing and hedging with both fixed and proportional transaction costs," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Jens Carsten Jackwerth & George M. Constantinaides & Stylianos Perrakis, 2005.
"Option Pricing: Real and Risk-Neutral Distributions,"
CoFE Discussion Paper
05-06, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Constantinides, George M. & Jackwerth, Jens Carsten & Perrakis, Stylianos, 2007. "Option Pricing: Real and Risk-Neutral Distributions," MPRA Paper 11637, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- João Amaro de Matos & Paula Antão, 2001. "Super-replicating Bounds on European Option Prices when the Underlying Asset is Illiquid," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 7(1), pages 1-7.
- Damgaard, Anders & Fuglsbjerg, Brian & Munk, Claus, 2003. "Optimal consumption and investment strategies with a perishable and an indivisible durable consumption good," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 209-253, November.
- Damgaard, Anders, 2003. "Utility based option evaluation with proportional transaction costs," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 667-700, February.
- Fehle, Frank, 2004. "A note on transaction costs and the existence of derivatives markets," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 63-70.
- Alet Roux, 2007. "The fundamental theorem of asset pricing under proportional transaction costs," Papers 0710.2758, arXiv.org.
- Lai, Tze Leung & Lim, Tiong Wee, 2009. "Option hedging theory under transaction costs," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 33(12), pages 1945-1961, December.
- Elettra Agliardi & Rainer Andergassen, 2011. "(S,s)-adjustment Strategies and Hedging under Markovian Dynamics," The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 36(2), pages 112-131, December.
- Constantinides, George M. & Perrakis, Stylianos, 2002.
"Stochastic dominance bounds on derivatives prices in a multiperiod economy with proportional transaction costs,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 26(7-8), pages 1323-1352, July.
- George M. Constantinides & Stylianos Perrakis, 2002. "Stochastic Dominance Bounds on Derivative Prices in a Multiperiod Economy with Proportional Transaction Costs," NBER Working Papers 8867, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mercurio, Fabio, 2001. "Claim pricing and hedging under market incompleteness and "mean-variance" preferences," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 133(3), pages 635-652, September.
- Monoyios, Michael, 2004. "Option pricing with transaction costs using a Markov chain approximation," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 889-913, February.
- Bertram Düring & Michel Fournié & Ansgar Jüngel, 2004. "Convergence of a high-order compact finite difference scheme for a nonlinear Black-Scholes equation," CoFE Discussion Paper 04-02, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- John S. Ying & Joel S. Sternberg, 2005. "The Impact of Serial Correlation on Option Prices in a Non- Frictionless Environment: An Alternative Explanation for Volatility Skew," Working Papers 05-12, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Naio Ino & Afonso De Campos Pint, 2014. "Delta Hedge Com Custos Detransação: Uma Análise Comparativa," Anais do XLI Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 41th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 143, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Maxim Bichuch, 2011. "Pricing a Contingent Claim Liability with Transaction Costs Using Asymptotic Analysis for Optimal Investment," Papers 1112.3012, arXiv.org.
- Maxim Bichuch, 2011. "Asymptotic Analysis for Optimal Investment in Finite Time with Transaction Costs," Papers 1112.2749, arXiv.org.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.