Local martingales and the fundamental asset pricing theorems in the discrete-time case
AbstractThis paper is devoted to giving simpler proofs of the two fundamental theorems of asset pricing theory, in iscrete-time and finite horizon: namely the no-arbitrage theorem, and the market completeness theorem. Some elementary but apparently new results are also given on discrete-time martingale theory, and in particular a new condition for a local martingale to be a martingale.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Finance and Stochastics.
Volume (Year): 2 (1998)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Note: received: October 1996; final version received: December 1997
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/content/101164/
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Napp, C., 2003. "The Dalang-Morton-Willinger theorem under cone constraints," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 111-126, February.
- Topaloglou, Nikolas & Vladimirou, Hercules & Zenios, Stavros A., 2008. "Pricing options on scenario trees," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 283-298, February.
- Igor Evstigneev & Dhruv Kapoor, 2009.
"Arbitrage in stationary markets,"
Decisions in Economics and Finance,
Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 5-12, May.
- Igor Evstigneev & Dhruv Kapoor, . "Arbitrage in Stationary Markets," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 07-32, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Igor Evstigneev & Dhruv Kapoor, 2006. "Arbitrage in stationary markets," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0619, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Yuri Kabanov, 2008. "In discrete time a local martingale is a martingale under an equivalent probability measure," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 293-297, July.
- Tomasz R. Bielecki & Igor Cialenco & Rodrigo Rodriguez, 2012. "No-Arbitrage Pricing for Dividend-Paying Securities in Discrete-Time Markets with Transaction Costs," Papers 1205.6254, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2013.
- Miklos Rasonyi & Lukasz Stettner, 2005. "On utility maximization in discrete-time financial market models," Papers math/0505243, arXiv.org.
- Kabanov, Yu. M. & Stricker, Ch., 2001. "The Harrison-Pliska arbitrage pricing theorem under transaction costs," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 185-196, April.
- Tomasz R. Bielecki & Igor Cialenco & Ismail Iyigunler & Rodrigo Rodriguez, 2012. "Dynamic Conic Finance: Pricing and Hedging in Market Models with Transaction Costs via Dynamic Coherent Acceptability Indices," Papers 1205.4790, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2013.
- Miklós Rásonyi, 2004. "Arbitrage pricing theory and risk-neutral measures," Decisions in Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 109-123, December.
- repec:ner:carlos:info:hdl:10016/13981 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ralf Korn & Frank Oertel & Manfred Schäl, 2003. "Notes and Comments: The numeraire portfolio in financial markets modeled by a multi-dimensional jump diffusion process," Decisions in Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 153-166, November.
- repec:ner:carlos:info:hdl:10016/12972 is not listed on IDEAS
- Duffie, Darrell, 2003. "Intertemporal asset pricing theory," Handbook of the Economics of Finance, in: G.M. Constantinides & M. Harris & R. M. Stulz (ed.), Handbook of the Economics of Finance, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 11, pages 639-742 Elsevier.
- Marcel Nutz, 2013. "Superreplication under Model Uncertainty in Discrete Time," Papers 1301.3227, arXiv.org.
- Irle, A., 2004. "A measure-theoretic approach to completeness of financial markets," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 1-7, June.
- Bruno Bouchard & Marcel Nutz, 2013. "Arbitrage and Duality in Nondominated Discrete-Time Models," Papers 1305.6008, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2014.
- Paolo Guasoni & Mikl\'os R\'asonyi & Walter Schachermayer, 2008. "Consistent price systems and face-lifting pricing under transaction costs," Papers 0803.4416, arXiv.org.
- Pierre Henry-Labordere & Nizar Touzi, 2013. "An Explicit Martingale Version of Brenier's Theorem," Working Papers hal-00790001, HAL.
- Alejandro Balbás & Miguel Ángel Mirás & María José Muñoz-Bouzo, 2001. "Projective System Approach To The Martingale Characterization Of The Absence Of Arbitrage," Business Economics Working Papers wb011505, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
- Balbas, Alejandro & Miras, Miguel Angel & Munoz-Bouzo, Maria Jose, 2002. "Projective system approach to the martingale characterization of the absence of arbitrage," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 311-323, July.
- Pierre Henry-Labordere & Nizar Touzi, 2013. "An Explicit Martingale Version of Brenier's Theorem," Papers 1302.4854, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2013.
- Alejandro Balbas & Anna Downarowicz, 2004. "Infinitely many securities and the fundamental theorem of asset pricing," Business Economics Working Papers wb043513, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.