A note on the existence of unique equivalent martingale measures in a Markovian setting
AbstractSimple sufficient conditions for the existence of a unique equivalent martingale measure are provided. Furthermore, these conditions give us a handle on situations where an equivalent martingale measure cannot exist. The existence of a unique equivalent martingale measure is of relevance to problems in mathematical finance. Two examples of models for which the question of existence was unresolved are studied. By means of our results existence of a unique equivalent measure up to an explosion time is proved.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Finance and Stochastics.
Volume (Year): 1 (1997)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Note: received: May 1996; final version received: March 1997
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/content/101164/
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Barndorff-Nielsen, Ole E. & Pérez-Abreu, Victor, 1999. "Stationary and self-similar processes driven by Lévy processes," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 357-369, December.
- Blei, Stefan & Engelbert, Hans-Jürgen, 2009. "On exponential local martingales associated with strong Markov continuous local martingales," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 119(9), pages 2859-2880, September.
- Ahdida, Abdelkoddousse & Alfonsi, Aurélien, 2013. "A mean-reverting SDE on correlation matrices," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 123(4), pages 1472-1520.
- Neil Shephard & Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen, 2012.
"Basics of Levy processes,"
Economics Series Working Papers
610, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Chernov, Mikhail & Ghysels, Eric, 2000. "A study towards a unified approach to the joint estimation of objective and risk neutral measures for the purpose of options valuation," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 407-458, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.