Optimal portfolio of low liquid assets with a log-utility function
AbstractIn the real market an asset is not completely liquid. An investor should plan a strategy on the grounds that an asset cannot always be traded. In this paper we consider the classical Merton wealth problem, but the risky asset is not completely liquid. The liquidity is represented by the success rate of the trade and the investor can trade the asset at distributed exponentially random times. We find the value function and exhibit a procedure for an asymptotic expansion of the optimal strategy. Further we reveal some characteristics of the optimal strategy by a numerical analysis. Copyright Springer-Verlag Berlin/Heidelberg 2006
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Finance and Stochastics.
Volume (Year): 10 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 (01)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/content/101164/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paul Gassiat & Fausto Gozzi & Huyen Pham, 2011.
"Investment/consumption problem in illiquid markets with regimes switching,"
- Paul Gassiat & Fausto Gozzi & Huy\^en Pham, 2011. "Investment/consumption problem in illiquid markets with regime-switching," Papers 1107.4210, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2012.
- Paul Gassiat & Huyen Pham & Mihai Sirbu, 2009. "Optimal investment on finite horizon with random discrete order flow in illiquid markets," Papers 0907.2203, arXiv.org.
- Salvatore Federico & Paul Gassiat, 2012. "Viscosity characterization of the value function of an investment-consumption problem in presence of illiquid assets," Papers 1211.1286, arXiv.org.
- Michael Ludkovski & Hyekyung Min, 2010. "Illiquidity Effects in Optimal Consumption-Investment Problems," Papers 1004.1489, arXiv.org, revised Sep 2010.
- S\"oren Christensen & Marc Wittlinger, 2012. "Optimal relaxed portfolio strategies for growth rate maximization problems with transaction costs," Papers 1209.0305, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2013.
- Koichi Matsumoto, 2007. "Portfolio Insurance with Liquidity Risk," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 363-386, December.
- Koichi Matsumoto, 2009. "Dynamic programming and mean-variance hedging with partial execution risk," Review of Derivatives Research, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 29-53, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.