Decomposing the determinants of health care expenditure: the case of Spain
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal The European Journal of Health Economics.
Volume (Year): 13 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/10198/index.htm
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
- H73 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Interjurisdictional Differentials and Their Effects
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Theo Hitiris & John Nixon, 2001. "Convergence of health care expenditure in the EU countries," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(4), pages 223-228.
- Arellano, Manuel & Bond, Stephen, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(2), pages 277-97, April.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Joan Costa-Font & Jordi Pons-Novell, 2007.
"Public health expenditure and spatial interactions in a decentralized national health system,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 291-306.
- Joan Costa Font & Jordi Pons Novell, 2005. "Public Health Expenditure and Spatial Interactions in a Decentralized National Health System," Working Papers in Economics 139, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Anindya Sen, 2005. "Is Health Care a Luxury? New Evidence from OECD Data," International Journal of Health Care Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 147-164, June.
- Bhargava, A & Franzini, L & Narendranathan, W, 1982. "Serial Correlation and the Fixed Effects Model," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(4), pages 533-49, October.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Wu, Ping X., 1999. "Unequally Spaced Panel Data Regressions With Ar(1) Disturbances," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(06), pages 814-823, December.
- Theo Hitiris, 1997. "Health care expenditure and integration in the countries of the European Union," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(1), pages 1-6.
- Joan Costa-Font & Francesco Moscone, 2008. "The impact of decentralization and inter-territorial interactions on Spanish health expenditure," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 167-184, February.
- Vincenzo Atella & Giorgia Marini, 2007. "Is Health Care Expenditure Really a Luxury Good? Re-assessment and New Evidence Based on OECD Data," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, vol. 97(2), pages 87-120, March-Apr.
- Nancy Devlin & Paul Hansen, 2001. "Health care spending and economic output: Granger causality," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(8), pages 561-564.
- Blomqvist, A.G. & Carter, R.A.L., 1993.
"Is Health Care Really a Luxury?,"
UWO Department of Economics Working Papers
9311, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Costa-Font, J & Gemmill M & Rubert G, 2009.
"Re-visiting the Health Care Luxury Good Hypothesis: Aggregation, Precision, and Publication Biases?,"
Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers
09/02, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Joan Costa-Font & Marin Gemmill & Gloria Rubert, 2008. "Re-visiting the Health Care Luxury Good Hypothesis: Aggregation, Precision, and Publication Biases?," Working Papers in Economics 197, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Joan Costa-i-Font & Marin Gemmill & Gloria Rubert, 2009. "Re-visiting the health care luxury good hypothesis: aggregation, precision, and publication biases?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 25303, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Donald Freeman, 2003. "Is health care a necessity or a luxury? Pooled estimates of income elasticity from US state-level data," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(5), pages 495-502.
- Di Matteo, Livio, 2005. "The macro determinants of health expenditure in the United States and Canada: assessing the impact of income, age distribution and time," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 23-42, January.
- Luca Crivelli & Massimo Filippini & Ilaria Mosca, 2006. "Federalism and regional health care expenditures: an empirical analysis for the Swiss cantons," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(5), pages 535-541.
- David Cantarero, 2005. "Decentralization and health care expenditure: the Spanish case," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(15), pages 963-966.
- Margherita Giannoni & Theodore Hitiris, 2002. "The regional impact of health care expenditure: the case of Italy," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(14), pages 1829-1836.
- Joseph P. Newhouse, 1992. "Medical Care Costs: How Much Welfare Loss?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(3), pages 3-21, Summer.
- Guillem López-Casasnovas & Marc Saez, 2007. "A multilevel analysis on the determinants of regional health care expenditure: a note," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 59-65, March.
- Di Matteo, Livio & Di Matteo, Rosanna, 1998. "Evidence on the determinants of Canadian provincial government health expenditures: 1965-1991," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 211-228, April.
- Carrion-i-Silvestre, Josep Lluis, 2005. "Health care expenditure and GDP: Are they broken stationary?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 839-854, September.
- Margherita Giannoni & Theodore Hitiris, . "The Regional Impact of Health Care Expenditure: the Case of Italy," Discussion Papers 99/20, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Hitiris, Theo & Posnett, John, 1992. "The determinants and effects of health expenditure in developed countries," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 173-181, August.
- Boris Augurzky & Thomas Kopetsch & Hendrik Schmitz, 2013. "What accounts for the regional differences in the utilisation of hospitals in Germany?," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 615-627, August.
- Andree Ehlert & Dirk Oberschachtsiek & Stefan Prawda, 2013. "Cost Containment and Managed Care: Evidence from German Macro Data," Working Paper Series in Economics 284, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Maura Francese & Marzia Romanelli, 2014. "Is there room for containing healthcare costs? An analysis of regional spending differentials in Italy," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 117-132, March.
- Syeda Hassan & Khalid Zaman & Sajid Zaman & Muhammad Shabir, 2014. "Measuring health expenditures and outcomes in saarc region: health is a luxury?," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 48(3), pages 1421-1437, May.
- Amedeo Spadaro & Lucia Mangiavacchi & Ignacio Moral-Arce & Marta Adiego-Estella & Angela Blanco-Moreno, 2013. "Evaluating the redistributive impact of public health expenditure using an insurance value approach," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, vol. 14(5), pages 775-787, October.
- Yihua Yu & Li Zhang & Fanghua Li & Xinye Zheng, 2013. "Strategic interaction and the determinants of public health expenditures in China: a spatial panel perspective," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 50(1), pages 203-221, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.