Public Capital Stock and State Productivity Growth: Further Evidence from an Error Components Model
AbstractThe contribution of different types of public infrastructure on private production is investigated using time-series of cross-section data for the 48 contiguous states over the period 1970-86. A Cobb-Douglas production function is estimated with unobserved state-specific effects. Measurement errors in public capital stock and its components are detected and rectified.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Empirical Economics.
Volume (Year): 20 (1995)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Stumpergasse 56, A-1060 Vienna
Phone: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 0
Fax: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 555
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00181/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francesco Aiello & Alfonsina Iona & Leone Leonida, 2009.
"Regional Infrastructure and Firm Investment. Theory and Empirical Evidence for Italy,"
639, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Francesco Aiello & Alfonsina Iona & Leone Leonida, 2012. "Regional infrastructure and firm investment: theory and empirical evidence for Italy," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 835-862, June.
- Andreas Stephan, 1997. "The Impact of Road Infrastructure on Productivity and Growth: Some Preliminary Results for the German Manufacturing Sector," CIG Working Papers FS IV 97-47, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Hurlin, Christophe, 2006. "Network effects of the productivity of infrastructure in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3808, The World Bank.
- Alfredo Pereira & Jorge Andraz, 2012.
"On the economic effects of public infrastructure investment: A survey of the international evidence,"
CEFAGE-UE Working Papers
2012_10, University of Evora, CEFAGE-UE (Portugal).
- Alfredo Marvão Pereira & Jorge M. Andraz, 2013. "On the economic effects of public infrastructure investment:A survey of the international evidence," Working Papers 108, Department of Economics, College of William and Mary.
- Jaume Puig, 2000. "Technical inefficiency and public capital in US States: A stochastic frontier approach," Economics Working Papers 451, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Angel de la Fuente, 2010.
"Infrastructures and Productivity: an Updated Survey,"
475, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Angel de la Fuente, 2010. "Infrastructures and productivity: an updated survey," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 831.10, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Angel de la Fuente, 2010. "Infrastructures and productivity. An updated survey," Working Papers 1018, BBVA Bank, Economic Research Department.
- Herwartz, Helmut & Neumann, Michael H., 2007. "A robust bootstrap approach to the Hausman test in stationary panel data models," Economics Working Papers 2007,29, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- H. Baltagi, Badi & Heun Song, Seuck & Cheol Jung, Byoung, 2001. "The unbalanced nested error component regression model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 101(2), pages 357-381, April.
- Jaraite, Jurate & Kažukauskas, Andrius & Lundgren, Tommy, 2012. "Determinants of Environmental Expenditure and Investment: Evidence from Sweden," CERE Working Papers 2012:7, CERE - the Center for Environmental and Resource Economics.
- Henderson, Daniel J. & Millimet, Daniel L., 2005. "Environmental regulation and US state-level production," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 47-53, April.
- Badi Baltagi & Seuck Heun Song & Byoung Cheol Jung, 2002. "Simple Lm Tests For The Unbalanced Nested Error Component Regression Model," Econometric Reviews, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 21(2), pages 167-187.
- Francesco Aiello & Camilla Mastromarco & Angelo Zago, 2011.
"Be productive or face decline. On the sources and determinants of output growth in Italian manufacturing firms,"
Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 787-815, December.
- Francesco Aiello & Camilla Mastromarco & Angelo Zago, 2008. "Be productive or face decline. On the sources and determinants of output growth in Italian manufacturing firms," Working Papers 46/2008, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Pedro R.D. Bom & Jenny E. Ligthart, 2009. "How Productive is Public Capital? A Meta-Regression Analysis," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper0912, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Alessandro Turrini, 2004. "Public investment and the EU fiscal framework," European Economy - Economic Papers 202, Directorate General Economic and Monetary Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Tveteras, Ragnar, 1999. "Learning And Technology Spillover: Productivity Convergence In Norwegian Salmon Aquaculture," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21651, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Carmen Díaz Roldán & Diego Martínez-López, 2005. "Inversión pública y crecimiento económico. Una revisión crítica con propuesta de futuro," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2005/10, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Sylvie Charlot & Virginie Piguet & Bertrand Schmitt, 2003. "Capital public et productivite quels effets sur les disparites regionales ?," Revue d'économie politique, Dalloz, vol. 0(6), pages 851-880.
- Herranz-Loncan, Alfonso, 2007. "Infrastructure investment and Spanish economic growth, 1850-1935," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 452-468, July.
- Habibullah, M.S. & Law, Siong-Hook & Dayang-Afizzah, A.M., 2008. "Defense spending and economic growth in Asian economies: A panel error-correction approach," MPRA Paper 12105, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.