Is Money an Omitted Variable in the Production Function? Some Further Results
AbstractIn recent years, numerous studies have emphasized the role of balances in the production function in terms of money being useful: as an intermediate good; as liquid reserves for investment; and also serving as a link between aggregate supply and the nominal interest rate. In this paper we report new Canadian empirical evidence regarding the important role of money in the production process of aggregate manufacturing industries based on a flexible translog cost function approach. In general, our results support the hypothesis that money is an important factor in the production function and that there are potential supply side effects of a change in the interest rate.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Empirical Economics.
Volume (Year): 18 (1993)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Stumpergasse 56, A-1060 Vienna
Phone: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 0
Fax: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 555
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00181/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Benchimol , Jonathan, 2013.
"Money in the Production Function: a new Keynesian DSGE perspective,"
ESSEC Working Papers
WP1304, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Jonathan Benchimol, 2011. "Money in the production function: a New Keynesian DSGE perspective," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00800539, HAL.
- Jonathan Benchimol, 2013. "Money in the Production Function : A New Keynesian DSGE Perspective," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00795547, HAL.
- Jonathan Benchimol, 2011. "Money in the production function: a New Keynesian DSGE perspective," Working Papers hal-00800539, HAL.
- Bafile, Romina & Piergallini, Alessandro, 2011. "Firms’ Money Demand and Monetary Policy," MPRA Paper 29028, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shaw, Ming-Fu & Lai, Ching-Chong & Chang, Wen-Ya, 2005. "Anticipated policy and endogenous growth in a small open monetary economy," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 719-743, September.
- Erdem BaÅÃ§i & Syed F. Mahmud & Eray M. Yucel, 2007. "Money and Productive Efficiency: Evidence from a High-Inflation Country," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 43(1), pages 64-73, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.