The Pagan-Shannon Approximation: Unconditional Systematic Sensitivity in Minutes
AbstractThis paper applies a simple approximation procedure to the calculation of systematic sensitivity results for a well-known computable general equilibrium model. The approximation (based on Pagan and Shannon (1985)) is found to be very accurate and requires little computing time.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Empirical Economics.
Volume (Year): 16 (1991)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Stumpergasse 56, A-1060 Vienna
Phone: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 0
Fax: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 555
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00181/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Domingues, Edson P. & Haddad, Eduardo A. & Hewings, Geoffrey, 2008. "Sensitivity analysis in applied general equilibrium models: An empirical assessment for MERCOSUR free trade areas agreements," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 287-306, May.
- Haddad, Eduardo A. & Hewings, Geoffrey J.D., 2005. "Market imperfections in a spatial economy: some experimental results," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 45(2-3), pages 476-496, May.
- Xiaoyun Liu & Xiuqing Wang & Xian Xin, 2012.
"Did agricultural technological changes affect China's regional disparity?,"
China Agricultural Economic Review,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 4(4), pages 440-449, November.
- Liu, Xiaoyun & Wang, Xiuqing & Mao, Xuefeng & Luo, Wanchun & Xin, Xian, 2009. "Did Agricultural Technological Changes Affect China’s Regional Disparity?," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 50322, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Hertel, Thomas & David Hummels & Maros Ivanic & Roman Keeney, 2003.
"How Confident Can We Be in CGE-Based Assessments of Free Trade Agreements?,"
GTAP Working Papers
1324, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Hertel, Thomas & Hummels, David & Ivanic, Maros & Keeney, Roman, 2007. "How confident can we be of CGE-based assessments of Free Trade Agreements?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 611-635, July.
- Thomas Hertel & David Hummels & Maros Ivanic & Roman Keeney, 2004. "How Confident Can We Be in CGE-Based Assessments of Free Trade Agreements?," NBER Working Papers 10477, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Touhami Abdelkhalek & Jean-Marie Dufour, 1998.
"Statistical Inference For Computable General Equilibrium Models, With Application To A Model Of The Moroccan Economy,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 80(4), pages 520-534, November.
- ABDELKHALEK, Touhami & DUFOUR, Jean-Marie, 1997. "Statistical Inference for Computable General Equilibrium Models with Application to a Model of the Moroccan Economy," Cahiers de recherche 9713, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Hyde, Jeffrey & Martin, Marshall A. & Preckel, Paul V. & Buschman, Lawrent L. & Edwards, C. Richard & Sloderbeck, Phillip E. & Higgins, Randall A., 2003. "The Value of Bt Corn in Southwest Kansas: A Monte Carlo Simulation Approach," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 28(01), April.
- Zafar Iqbal & Rizwana Siddiqui, 2001. "Critical Review of Literature on Computable General Equilibrium Models," MIMAP Technical Paper Series 2001:09, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- DeVuyst, Eric A. & Preckel, Paul V., 1997. "Sensitivity analysis revisited: A quadrature-based approach," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 175-185, April.
- Joshua Elliott & Meredith Franklin & Ian Foster & Todd Munson & Margaret Loudermilk, 2012. "Propagation of Data Error and Parametric Sensitivity in Computable General Equilibrium Models," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 39(3), pages 219-241, March.
- Hertel, Thomas W. & Mark Horridge, J. & Pearson, K. R., 1992.
"Mending the family tree a reconciliation of the linearization and levels schools of AGE modelling,"
Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 385-407, October.
- Thomas W. Hertel & J. Mark Horridge & K. R. Pearson, 1991. "Mending the Family Tree: A Reconciliation of the Linearization and Levels Schools of CGE Modelling," Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers ip-54, Victoria University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.