Bias Correction and Bootstrapping of Error Component Models for Panel Data: Theory and Applications
AbstractThe wellknown Wallace-Hussain estimator is applied in pooled models with random individual effects, and the magnitude of the bias caused by the estimator is estimated by bootstrap methods. Furthermore, the significance of the bias is tested using an asymptotic test based on the bootstrap results.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Empirical Economics.
Volume (Year): 14 (1989)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Stumpergasse 56, A-1060 Vienna
Phone: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 0
Fax: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 555
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00181/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Bellmann, Lutz & Breitung, Jörg & Wagner, Joachim, 1988. "Bias Correction and Bootstrapping of Error Component Models for Panel Data: Theory and Applications," Diskussionspapiere der Wirtschaftswissenschaftlichen FakultÃ¤t der Leibniz UniversitÃ¤t Hannover dp-131, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ricardo De Bonis & Giuseppe Bruno, 2000. "A Comparative Study Of Alternative Econometric Packages: An Application To Italian Deposit Interest Rates," Computing in Economics and Finance 2000 160, Society for Computational Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.