Why Voters Veto Vouchers: Public Schools and Community-Specific Social Capital
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Economics of Governance.
Volume (Year): 7 (2006)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/10101/index.htm
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H4 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods
- H7 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations
- I22 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Educational Finance; Financial Aid
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Social and Economic Stratification
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Edward L. Glaeser & Bruce Sacerdote, 2000.
"The Social Consequences of Housing,"
NBER Working Papers
8034, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Bruce Sacerdote, 2001. "The Social Consequences of Housing," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1915, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Haurin, Donald R. & Brasington, David, 1996. "School Quality and Real House Prices: Inter- and Intrametropolitan Effects," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 351-368, December.
- Alberto Alesina & Reza Baqir & Caroline Hoxby, 2004.
"Political Jurisdictions in Heterogeneous Communities,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(2), pages 348-396, April.
- Alberto Alesina & Reza Baqir & Caroline Hoxby, 2000. "Political Jurisdictions in Heterogeneous Communities," NBER Working Papers 7859, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hoxby, Caroline & Baqir, Reza & Alesina, Alberto, 2004. "Political Jurisdictions in Heterogeneous Communities," Scholarly Articles 4552532, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Alberto Alesina & Reza Baqir & Caroline Hoxby, 2002. "Political Jurisdictions in Heterogeneous Communities," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1949, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- repec:hrv:faseco:4553034 is not listed on IDEAS
- David, Paul A, 1985. "Clio and the Economics of QWERTY," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 332-37, May.
- John F. Helliwell & Robert D. Putnam, 1999.
"Education and Social Capital,"
NBER Working Papers
7121, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Liebowitz, S J & Margolis, Stephen E, 1990. "The Fable of the Keys," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(1), pages 1-25, April.
- Rose, Heather & Sonstelie, Jon, 2010. "School board politics, school district size, and the bargaining power of teachers' unions," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 438-450, May.
- Hanushek, Eric A., 2002.
"Publicly provided education,"
Handbook of Public Economics,
in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 30, pages 2045-2141
- Peter Mieszkowski & Edwin S. Mills, 1993. "The Causes of Metropolitan Suburbanization," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(3), pages 135-147, Summer.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.