An empirical analysis of the matching patterns of same-sex and opposite-sex couples
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Demography.
Volume (Year): 39 (2002)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/13524
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bergstrom, T. & Bagnoli, M., 1990.
"Courtship as a Waiting Game,"
90-12, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Mark Bagnoli & Ted Bergstrom, . "Courtship as a Waiting Game," Papers _030, University of Michigan, Department of Economics.
- Bergstrom, T. & Bagnoli, M., 1991. "Courtship as a waiting game," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 386, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Bergstrom, T. & Bagnali, M., 1991. "Courtship as a Waiting Game," Papers 91-3, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- David Lam, 1988. "Marriage Markets and Assortative Mating with Household Public Goods: Theoretical Results and Empirical Implications," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 23(4), pages 462-487.
- Oreffice, Sonia, 2011.
"Sexual orientation and household decision making.: Same-sex couples' balance of power and labor supply choices,"
Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 145-158, April.
- Sonia Oreffice, 2009. "Sexual orientation and household decision making. Same-sex couples' balance of power and labor supply choices," Working Papers. Serie AD 2009-08, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Sonia Oreffice, 2008. "Sexual Orientation and Household Decision Making. Same-Sex Couples’ Balance of Power and Labor Supply Choices," Working Papers 2008.81, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Blanden, Joanne, 2005. "Love and Money: Intergenerational Mobility and Marital Matching on Parental Income," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2005272e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Christine Schwartz & Nikki Graf, 2009. "Assortative matching among same-sex and different-sex couples in the United States, 1990-2000," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 21(28), pages 843-878, December.
- Marieka Klawitter, 2008. "The effects of sexual orientation and marital status on how couples hold their money," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 423-446, December.
- Zavodny, Madeline, 2007.
"Is There a ‘Marriage Premium’ for Gay Men?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3192, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Michael Svarer & Helena Skyt Nielsen, 2006.
"Educational Homogamy: Preferences or Opportunities?,"
Economics Working Papers
2006-10, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Helena Skyt Nielsen & Michael Svarer, 2006. "Educational Homogamy: Preferences or Opportunities?," CAM Working Papers 2006-12, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Applied Microeconometrics.
- Nielsen, Helena Skyt & Svarer, Michael, 2006. "Educational Homogamy: Preferences or Opportunities?," IZA Discussion Papers 2271, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sonia Dalmia & Paul Sicilian, 2008. "Kids Cause Specialization: Evidence for Becker’s Household Division of Labor Hypothesis," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 448-459, November.
- Dan A. Black & Seth G. Sanders & Lowell J. Taylor, 2007. "The Economics of Lesbian and Gay Families," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 21(2), pages 53-70, Spring.
- Negrusa, Brighita & Oreffice, Sonia, 2010.
"Sexual Orientation and Household Savings: Do Homosexual Couples Save More?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4961, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Brighita Negrusa & Sonia Oreffice, 2010. "Sexual orientation and household savings: do homosexual couples save more?," Working Papers. Serie AD 2010-21, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Brighita Negrusa & Sonia Oreffice, 2011. "Sexual orientation and household financial decisions: evidence from couples in the United States," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 9(4), pages 445-463, December.
- Shoshana Grossbard & Lisa Jepsen, 2008. "The economics of gay and lesbian couples: Introduction to a special issue on gay and lesbian households," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 311-325, December.
- Blanden, Joanne, 2005. "Amour et argent : mobilite intergenerationnelle et appariement conjugal d'apres le revenu des parents," Direction des etudes analytiques : documents de recherche 2005272f, Statistics Canada, Direction des etudes analytiques.
- Gunnar Andersson & Turid Noack & Ane Seierstad & Harald Weedon-Fekjær, 2004. "The demographics of same-sex „marriages“ in Norway and Sweden," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2004-018, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- Jepsen, Christopher & Jepsen, Lisa K., 2009. "Does home ownership vary by sexual orientation?," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 307-315, May.
- Boever, Brian P. & Harrison, R. Wes & Tiersch, Terrence R., 2006. "Willingness-to-Pay for Genetic Attributes in Aquaculture Industries," 2006 Annual Meeting, February 5-8, 2006, Orlando, Florida 35337, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Gunnar Andersson & Turid Noack & Ane Seierstad & Harald Weedon-Fekjær, 2006. "The demographics of same-sex marriages in Norway and Sweden," Demography, Springer, vol. 43(1), pages 79-98, February.
- Vincent Fu, 2010. "Remarriage, Delayed Marriage, and Black/White Intermarriage, 1968–1995," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer, vol. 29(5), pages 687-713, October.
- Christine Schwartz & Robert Mare, 2005. "Trends in educational assortative marriage from 1940 to 2003," Demography, Springer, vol. 42(4), pages 621-646, November.
- Stephan Humpert, 2012. "Somewhere over the Rainbow: Sexual Orientation Discrimination in Germany," Working Paper Series in Economics 245, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.