Marriage selection and mortality patterns: Inferences and fallacies
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Demography.
Volume (Year): 30 (1993)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/13524
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Berntsen, Kjersti Norgård & Kravdal, Øystein, 2012. "The relationship between mortality and time since divorce, widowhood or remarriage in Norway," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 75(12), pages 2267-2274.
- Espinosa, Javier & Evans, William N., 2008. "Heightened mortality after the death of a spouse: Marriage protection or marriage selection?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1326-1342, September.
- Owen O'Donnell & Eddy Van Doorslaer & Tom Van Ourti, 2013. "Health and Inequality," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-170/V, Tinbergen Institute.
- Michael Geruso, 2012. "Black-White Disparities in Life Expectancy: How Much Can the Standard SES Variables Explain?," Demography, Springer, vol. 49(2), pages 553-574, May.
- Gardner, Jonathan & Oswald, Andrew, 2004. "How is mortality affected by money, marriage, and stress?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 1181-1207, November.
- Lee Lillard & Constantijn Panis, 1996. "Marital status and mortality: The role of health," Demography, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 313-327, August.
- Alberto Palloni & Jason Thomas, 2013. "Estimation of Covariate Effects With Current Status Data and Differential Mortality," Demography, Springer, vol. 50(2), pages 521-544, April.
- Jeremy Porter, 2012. "A Simplified Indicator of Social Well-Being in the United States: Examining the Ecological Impact of Family Formation within a County Level Framework," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 108(3), pages 421-440, September.
- van den Berg, Gerard J. & Gupta, Sumedha, 2011.
"The role of marriage in the causal pathway from economic conditions early in life to mortality,"
Working Paper Series
2011:23, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- van den Berg, Gerard J. & Gupta, Sumedha, 2011. "The Role of Marriage in the Causal Pathway from Economic Conditions Early in Life to Mortality," IZA Discussion Papers 5454, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Porter, Jeremy R. & Purser, Christopher W., 2010. "Social disorganization, marriage, and reported crime: A spatial econometrics examination of family formation and criminal offending," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 942-950, September.
- Michael Geruso, 2010. "Racial Disparities in Life Expectancy: How Much Can the Standard SES Variables Account for?," Working Papers 1229, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Health and Wellbeing..
- Michael Rendall & Margaret Weden & Melissa Favreault & Hilary Waldron, 2011. "The Protective Effect of Marriage for Survival: A Review and Update," Demography, Springer, vol. 48(2), pages 481-506, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.