Child care demand and labor supply of young mothers over time
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Demography.
Volume (Year): 28 (1991)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/13524
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Heckman, James J, 1974.
"Effects of Child-Care Programs on Women's Work Effort,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(2), pages S136-S163, Part II, .
- James J. Heckman, 1974. "Effects of Child-Care Programs on Women's Work Effort," NBER Chapters, in: Marriage, Family, Human Capital, and Fertility, pages 136-169 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ermisch, John F, 1989. "Purchased Child Care, Optimal Family Size and Mother's Employment: Theory and Econometric Analysis," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 79-102.
- Blau, David M & Robins, Philip K, 1988. "Child-Care Costs and Family Labor Supply," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(3), pages 374-81, August.
- Arleen Leibowitz & Linda Waite & Christina Witsberger, 1988. "Child care for preschoolers: Differences by child’s age," Demography, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 205-220, May.
- Blau, David & Currie, Janet, 2006.
"Pre-School, Day Care, and After-School Care: Who's Minding the Kids?,"
Handbook of the Economics of Education,
- David Blau & Janet Currie, 2004. "Preschool, Day Care, and Afterschool Care: Who's Minding the Kids?," NBER Working Papers 10670, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Orman, Cuneyt & Goksel, Turkmen & Gurdal, Mehmet Y, 2011. "The Baby Boom, Baby Busts, and Grandmothers," MPRA Paper 28782, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tekin, Erdal, 2003.
"Child Care Subsidies, Wages, And Employment of Single Mothers,"
Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003
200, Royal Economic Society.
- Erdal Tekin, 2007. "Childcare Subsidies, Wages, and Employment of Single Mothers," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 42(2).
- Tekin, Erdal, 2002. "Child Care Subsidies, Wages, and Employment of Single Mothers," IZA Discussion Papers 517, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- David M. Blau, 2000.
"Child Care Subsidy Programs,"
NBER Working Papers
7806, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lisa Barrow, 1999. "Child care costs and the return-to-work decisions of new mothers," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q IV, pages 42-55.
- Lipscomb, Shannon T. & Lewis, Kendra M. & Masyn, Katherine E. & Meloy, Mary Elizabeth, 2012. "Child care assistance for families involved in the child welfare system: Predicting child care subsidy use and stability," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 2454-2463.
- Herbst, Chris M., 2013. "Universal Child Care, Maternal Employment, and Children's Long-Run Outcomes: Evidence from the U.S. Lanham Act of 1940," IZA Discussion Papers 7846, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jan Ondrich & C. Spiess & Qing Yang & Gert Wagner, 2003. "The Liberalization of Maternity Leave Policy and the Return to Work after Childbirth in Germany," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 77-110, January.
- Laura S. Hussey, 2006. "Are Social Welfare Policies ‘Pro-Life’? An Individual-Level Analysis of Low-Income Women," Working Papers 896, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Research on Child Wellbeing..
- Wellington, Alison J., 2006. "Self-employment: the new solution for balancing family and career?," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 357-386, June.
- Georg Wernhart & Rudolf Winter-Ebmer, 2008.
"Do Austrian Men and Women Become more Equal? At Least in Terms of Labor Supply!,"
Economics working papers
2008-05, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Georg Wernhart & Rudolf Winter-Ebmer, 2012. "Do Austrian men and women become more equal? At least in terms of labour supply!," Empirica, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 45-64, February.
- Antonio J. Trujillo, 2003. "Medical care use and selection in a social health insurance with an equalization fund: evidence from Colombia," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(3), pages 231-246.
- David Blau & Erdal Tekin, 2001. "The Determinants and Consequences of Child Care Subsidy Receipt by Low-Income Families," JCPR Working Papers 213, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Parish, Susan L. & Cloud, Jennifer M., 2006. "Child care for low-income school-age children: Disability and family structure effects in a national sample," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 927-940, August.
- Wim Van Lancker & Joris Ghysels, 2010. "Female employment, institutions and the role of reference groups: a multilevel analysis of 22 European countries," Working Papers 1002, Herman Deleeck Centre for Social Policy, University of Antwerp.
- Parish, Susan L. & Cloud, Jennifer M. & Huh, Jungwon & Henning, Ashley N., 2005. "Child care, disability, and family structure: Use and quality in a population-based sample of low-income preschool children," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(8), pages 905-919, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.