Hypersegregation in U.S. Metropolitan Areas: Black and Hispanic Segregation Along Five Dimensions
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Demography.
Volume (Year): 26 (1989)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/13524
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John F. Kain & John M. Quigley, 1975. "Housing Markets and Racial Discrimination: A Microeconomic Analysis," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number kain75-1.
- Douglas Massey, 1979. "Residential segregation of Spanish Americans in united states Urbanized Areas," Demography, Springer, vol. 16(4), pages 553-563, November.
- Olsen, Randall J, 1980. "A Least Squares Correction for Selectivity Bias," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(7), pages 1815-20, November.
- John F. Kain & John M. Quigley, 1975. "Introduction to "Housing Markets and Racial Discrimination: A Microeconomic Analysis"," NBER Chapters, in: Housing Markets and Racial Discrimination: A Microeconomic Analysis, pages 1-8 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Raphael, Steven & Stoll, Michael, 2000. "Can Boosting Minority Car-Ownership Rates Narrow Inter-Racial Employment Gaps?," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt4fq193gk, University of California Transportation Center.
- BOCCARD, Nicolas & ZENOU, Yves, 1999.
"Racial discrimination and redlining in cities,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1999013, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Tilahun, Nebiyou & Levinson, David, 2011.
"Work and home location: Possible role of social networks,"
Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice,
Elsevier, vol. 45(4), pages 323-331, May.
- Nebiyou Tilahun & David Levinson, 2006. "Work and Home Location: Possible Role of Social Networks," Working Papers 201102, University of Minnesota: Nexus Research Group.
- Matthew Hall, 2013. "Residential Integration on the New Frontier: Immigrant Segregation in Established and New Destinations," Demography, Springer, vol. 50(5), pages 1873-1896, October.
- Eitle, David, 2009. "Dimensions of racial segregation, hypersegregation, and Black homicide rates," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 28-36, January.
- Hines, Alice M & Lemon, Kathy & Wyatt, Paige & Merdinger, Joan, 2004. "Factors related to the disproportionate involvement of children of color in the child welfare system: a review and emerging themes," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 507-527, June.
- Wareham, Jennifer & Boots, Denise Paquette & Chavez, Jorge M., 2009. "A test of social learning and intergenerational transmission among batterers," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 163-173, March.
- Scott South & Kyle Crowder & Jeremy Pais, 2011. "Metropolitan Structure and Neighborhood Attainment: Exploring Intermetropolitan Variation in Racial Residential Segregation," Demography, Springer, vol. 48(4), pages 1263-1292, November.
- Herbst, Chris M. & Lucio, Joanna, 2014. "Happy in the Hood? The Impact of Residential Segregation on Self-Reported Happiness," IZA Discussion Papers 7944, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Yiming Wang, 2012. "Decomposing the entropy index of racial diversity: in search of two types of variance," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 48(3), pages 897-915, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.