Changes in the propensity to live alone: Evidence from consecutive cross-sectional surveys, 1960–1976
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Demography.
Volume (Year): 20 (1983)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/13524
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Susan Short & Frances Goldscheider & Berna Torr, 2006. "Less help for mother: The decline in coresidential female support for the mothers of young children, 1880–2000," Demography, Springer, vol. 43(4), pages 617-629, November.
- Frances Goldscheider & Julie DaVanzo, 1989. "Pathways to Independent Living in Early Adulthood: Marriage, Semiautonomy, and Premarital Residential Independence," Demography, Springer, vol. 26(4), pages 597-614, November.
- Joan Kahn & Frances Goldscheider & Javier García-Manglano, 2013. "Growing Parental Economic Power in Parent–Adult Child Households: Coresidence and Financial Dependency in the United States, 1960–2010," Demography, Springer, vol. 50(4), pages 1449-1475, August.
- Douglas Wolf & Beth Soldo, 1988. "Household composition choices of older unmarried women," Demography, Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 387-403, August.
- Ellen Kramarow, 1995. "The elderly who live alone in the united states: Historical perspectives on household change," Demography, Springer, vol. 32(3), pages 335-352, August.
- Julie DaVanzo & Angelique Chan, 1994. "Living arrangements of older malaysians: Who coresides with their adult children?," Demography, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 95-113, February.
- Frances Goldscheider & Regina Bures, 2003. "The racial crossover in family complexity in the United States," Demography, Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 569-587, August.
- Toni Richards & Michael White & Amy Tsui, 1987. "Changing living arrangements: A hazard model of transitions among household types," Demography, Springer, vol. 24(1), pages 77-97, February.
- Jan Mutchier & Jeffrey Burr, 1991. "A longitudinal analysis of household and nonhousehold living arrangements in later life," Demography, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 375-390, August.
- Lawrence Santi, 1990. "Household Headship Among Unmarried Persons in the United States, 1970–1985," Demography, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 219-232, May.
- Lawrence Santi, 1988. "The demographic context of recent change in the structure of American households," Demography, Springer, vol. 25(4), pages 509-519, November.
- Kathleen Mcgarry & Robert Schoeni, 2000. "Social security, economic growth, and the rise in elderly widows’ independence in the twentieth century," Demography, Springer, vol. 37(2), pages 221-236, May.
- repec:cep:sticas:104 is not listed on IDEAS
- Diane Macunovich & Richard Easterlin & Christine Schaeffer & Eileen Crimmins, 1995. "Echoes of the baby boom and bust: Recent and prospective changes in living alone among elderly widows in the united states," Demography, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 17-28, February.
- Jeffrey Burr & Jan Mutchler, 1992. "The living arrangements of unmarried elderly hispanic females," Demography, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 93-112, February.
- Eleni Karagiannaki, 2005. "Changes in the living arrangements of elderly people in Greece: 1974-1999," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 6246, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.