Migration and regional science: opportunities and challenges in a changing environment
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal The Annals of Regional Science.
Volume (Year): 48 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00168/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- O15 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mette Deding & Trine Filges & Jos Van Ommeren, 2009. "Spatial Mobility And Commuting: The Case Of Two-Earner Households," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(1), pages 113-147.
- Maud M. Hensen & M. Robert de Vries & Frank Cörvers, 2009. "The role of geographic mobility in reducing education-job mismatches in the Netherlands," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 88(3), pages 667-682, 08.
- Geoffrey J. D. Hewings & Patricio Aroca, 2002. "Migration and regional labor market adjustment: Chile 1977-1982 and 1987-1992," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 197-218.
- Philippe Lemistre & Nicolas Moreau, 2009.
"Spatial Mobility And Returns To Education: Some Evidence From A Sample Of French Youth,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(1), pages 149-176.
- Lemistre, Philippe & Moreau, Nicolas, 2006. "Spatial Mobility and Returns to Education: Some Evidence from a Sample of French Youth," IZA Discussion Papers 2369, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Piet Rietveld & Peter Nijkamp & Jos van Ommeren, 2000. "Job mobility, residential mobility and commuting: A theoretical analysis using search theory," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 213-232.
- Manfred M Fischer & Martin Reismann & Katerina Hlavackova-Schindler, 2003. "Neural Network Modeling of Constrained Spatial Interaction Flows: Design, Estimation, and Performance Issues," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(1), pages 35-61.
- W. Mark Brown & K. Bruce Newbold & Desmond Beckstead, 2010. "Growth and Change in Human Capital across the Canadian Urban Hierarchy, 1996-2001," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 47(7), pages 1571-1586, June.
- David M. Levinson, 1997.
"Job and housing tenure and the journey to work,"
The Annals of Regional Science,
Springer, vol. 31(4), pages 451-471.
- Brian Cushing & Jacques Poot, 2003.
"Crossing boundaries and borders: Regional science advances in migration modelling,"
Economics of Governance,
Springer, vol. 83(1), pages 317-338, October.
- Brian Cushing & Jacques Poot, 2003. "Crossing boundaries and borders: Regional science advances in migration modelling," Papers in Regional Science, Springer, vol. 83(1), pages 317-338, October.
- Ozgen, Ceren & Nijkamp, Peter & Poot, Jacques, 2009.
"The Effect of Migration on Income Growth and Convergence: Meta-Analytic Evidence,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4522, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ceren Ozgen & Peter Nijkamp & Jacques Poot, 2010. "The effect of migration on income growth and convergence: Meta-analytic evidence," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 89(3), pages 537-561, 08.
- Philip Watson & Stephen Davies, 2011. "Modeling the effects of population growth on water resources: a CGE analysis of the South Platte River Basin in Colorado," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 46(2), pages 331-348, April.
- Chan, Sewin, 1996. "Residential mobility and mortgages," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3-4), pages 287-311, June.
- Clark, William A. V. & Huang, Youqin & Withers, Suzanne, 2003. "Does commuting distance matter?: Commuting tolerance and residential change," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 199-221, March.
- John V. Winters, 2011. "Why Are Smart Cities Growing? Who Moves And Who Stays," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(2), pages 253-270, 05.
- Peter B Nelson, 2005. "Migration and the regional redistribution of nonearnings income in the United States: metropolitan and nonmetropolitan perspectives from 1975 to 2000," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 37(9), pages 1613-1636, September.
- Edward L. Glaeser & David C. Mare, 1994.
"Cities and Skills,"
NBER Working Papers
4728, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrei Rogers & James Raymer & K. Bruce Newbold, 2003. "Reconciling and translating migration data collected over time intervals of differing widths," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 37(4), pages 581-601, December.
- Andrei Rogers & Bryan Jones & Virgilio Partida & Salut Muhidin, 2007. "Inferring migration flows from the migration propensities of infants: Mexico and Indonesia," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 41(2), pages 443-465, June.
- William A V Clark & Suzanne Davies Withers, 2002. "Disentangling the interaction of migration, mobility, and labor-force participation," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 34(5), pages 923-945, May.
- Allen J. Scott, 2010. "Jobs or amenities? Destination choices of migrant engineers in the USA," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 89(1), pages 43-63, 03.
- K. Bruce Newbold, 2005. "Spatial scale, return and onward migration, and the Long-Boertlein index of repeat migration," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 84(2), pages 281-290, 06.
- Brigitte Waldorf, 2009. "Is human capital accumulation a self-propelling process? Comparing educational attainment levels of movers and stayers," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 43(2), pages 323-344, June.
- Hensen Maud M. & Vries M. Robert de & Cörvers Frank, 2009. "The role of geographic mobility in reducing education-job mismatches in the Netherlands," ROA Research Memorandum 009, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- K Bruce Newbold, 2008. "Interprovincial migration and retirement income transfers among Canada’s older population: 1996 – 2001," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 40(6), pages 1501-1516, June.
- Nancy Lozano-Gracia & Gianfranco Piras & Maria Ibanez & Geoffrey J. D. Hewings, 2010. "The Journey to Safety: Conflict-Driven Migration Flows in Colombia," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 33(2), pages 157-180, April.
- Greenwood, Michael J, 1975. "Research on Internal Migration in the United States: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 13(2), pages 397-433, June.
- María Hierro & Adolfo Maza, 2010. "Per capita income convergence and internal migration in Spain: Are foreign-born migrants playing an important role?," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 89(1), pages 89-107, 03.
- Kaluzny, Richard L, 1975. "Determinants of Household Migration: A Comparative Study by Race and Poverty Level," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 57(3), pages 269-74, August.
- Mitch Renkow & Dale Hoover, 2000. "Commuting, Migration, and Rural-Urban Population Dynamics," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(2), pages 261-287.
- Arauzo Carod, Josep Maria & Liviano Solís, Daniel, 2013.
"Migration Determinants at a Local Level,"
2072/220224, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.