Neoclassical theory versus new economic geography: competing explanations of cross-regional variation in economic development
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal The Annals of Regional Science.
Volume (Year): 44 (2010)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00168/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- O10 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Redding, Stephen J & Venables, Anthony J., 2000.
"Economic Geography and International Inequality,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2568, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Philip McCann, 2005. "Transport costs and new economic geography," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(3), pages 305-318, June.
- Peter Kennedy, 2003. "A Guide to Econometrics, 5th Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 5, volume 1, number 026261183x.
- Bernard Fingleton & Julie Le Gallo, 2008. "Estimating spatial models with endogenous variables, a spatial lag and spatially dependent disturbances: Finite sample properties," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 87(3), pages 319-339, 08.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Georges Bresson & Alain Pirotte, 2006.
"Panel Unit Root Tests and Spatial Dependence,"
Center for Policy Research Working Papers
88, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Feldstein, Martin & Horioka, Charles, 1980.
"Domestic Saving and International Capital Flows,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 90(358), pages 314-29, June.
- Manfred Fischer & Claudia Stirböck, 2006. "Pan-European regional income growth and club-convergence," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 40(4), pages 693-721, December.
- Rivera-Batiz, Francisco L., 1988. "Increasing returns, monopolistic competition, and agglomeration economies in consumption and production," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 125-153, February.
- Stephen Bond & Anke Hoeffler & Jonathan Temple, 2001.
"GMM Estimation of Empirical Growth Models,"
2001-W21, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1975.
"Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
64, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1977. "Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(3), pages 297-308, June.
- Charles I. Jones, .
96006, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David N. Weil, 1992.
"A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
3541, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kapoor, Mudit & Kelejian, Harry H. & Prucha, Ingmar R., 2007. "Panel data models with spatially correlated error components," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 140(1), pages 97-130, September.
- Head, Charles Keith & Mayer, Thierry, 2005.
"Regional Wage and Employment Responses to Market Potential in the EU,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4908, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Head, Keith & Mayer, Thierry, 2006. "Regional wage and employment responses to market potential in the EU," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 573-594, September.
- James Lesage & Manfred Fischer, 2008. "Spatial Growth Regressions: Model Specification, Estimation and Interpretation," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(3), pages 275-304.
- Manfred Fischer, 2011. "A spatial Mankiw–Romer–Weil model: theory and evidence," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 419-436, October.
- Manfred M. Fischer, 2009. "Regions, Technological Interdependence And Growth In Europe," Romanian Journal of Regional Science, Romanian Regional Science Association, vol. 3(2), pages 1-17, DECEMBER.
- Ceren Ozgen & Peter Nijkamp & Jacques Poot, 2010.
"The effect of migration on income growth and convergence: Meta-analytic evidence,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 89(3), pages 537-561, 08.
- Ozgen, Ceren & Nijkamp, Peter & Poot, Jacques, 2009. "The Effect of Migration on Income Growth and Convergence: Meta-Analytic Evidence," IZA Discussion Papers 4522, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Badi H. Baltagi & Bernard Fingleton & Alain Pirotte, 2011.
"Estimating and Forecasting with a Dynamic Spatial Panel Data Model,"
SERC Discussion Papers
0095, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Bernard Fingleton & Alain Pirotte, 2012. "Estimating and Forecasting With A Dynamic Spatial Panel Data Model," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 149, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Roberts, Mark & Deichmann, Uwe & Fingleton, Bernard & Shi, Tuo, 2010. "On the road to prosperity ? The economic geography of China's national expressway network," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5479, The World Bank.
- Rhydian James & Peter Midmore & Dennis Thomas, 2012. "Public Sector Size and Peripherality," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(4), pages 447-460, December.
- Lukasz Lach & Henryk Gurgul, 2011.
"The impact of regional disparities on economic growth,"
Operations Research and Decisions,
Wroclaw University of Technology, Institute of Organization and Management, vol. 2, pages 17-43.
- Gurgul, Henryk & Lach, Łukasz, 2011. "The impact of regional disparities on economic growth," MPRA Paper 52258, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Uwe Neumann & Rüdiger Budde & Christoph Ehlert, 2012. "Urban Economic Growth in Europe Between 2001 and 2008 – Gravitation or Dispersion?," Ruhr Economic Papers 0384, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.