Economic development in rural Utah: is wilderness recreation the answer?
AbstractSurveys of wilderness users in four selected wilderness areas and proposed wilderness areas in Utah indicated that expenditures by these visitors, while similar to other outdoor recreation participants, are not sufficiently large to significantly influence the local county economies. The application of input-output multipliers to these expenditures suggests that wilderness users contribute significantly less than 1% of total sales to most of these counties, and not more than 2.5% in any county studied.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal The Annals of Regional Science.
Volume (Year): 29 (1995)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Note: Received: April 1994 / Accepted in revised form: January 1995
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00168/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Midmore, Peter & Whittaker, Julie, 2000. "Economics for sustainable rural systems," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 173-189, November.
- Poudyal, Neelam C. & Hodges, Donald G. & Cordell, H. Ken, 2008. "The role of natural resource amenities in attracting retirees: Implications for economic growth policy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1-2), pages 240-248, December.
- Bowe, Scott A. & Marcouiller, David W., 2007. "Alternative tourism-timber dependencies and the development of forested rural regions," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(6), pages 653-670, February.
- Ellingson, Lindsey & Seidl, Andrew F. & Mucklow, C.J., 2007. "Tourists' Value of Ranch Open Space Over Time: A Panel Data Estimation," 2007 Annual Meeting, July 29-August 1, 2007, Portland, Oregon 10258, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.