Sources of Structural Change in the Washington Economy: An Input-Output Perspective
AbstractThis paper analyzes changes in the structure of the Washington economy from 1963 to 1982. The empirical model utilizes data from the Washington state input-output tables for 1963 and for 1982. The model accounts for output change from a demand side perspective. Special attention is given to market diversification and the role of markets at the state, national, and international levels in explaining real growth in a given sector. Taking the service-producing sectors in Washington as an example, 48 percent of the real output change in the service sectors was associated with demand change from foreign and rest of the U.S. sources, while 52 percent of service output change was associated with Washington intermediate and final demand variables. The implication is that important elements of Washington service-producing sectors are driven by demand exogenous to Washington and should properly be considered a part of Washington's economic base.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Annals of Regional Science.
Volume (Year): 26 (1992)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00168/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wang, Eric C., 1997. "Patterns and sources of structural change in Taiwan: An analysis of input-output coefficients," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 369-392.
- Calds, N. & Varela, M. & Santamara, M. & Sez, R., 2009. "Economic impact of solar thermal electricity deployment in Spain," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1628-1636, May.
- Linden, J.A. van der & Oosterhaven, J., 1996. "EC intercountry input-output relations : an income growth decomposition for 1970-1980," Research Report 96C23, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.