Some Suggestions Concerning the Development of Artificial Intelligence Tools for Spatial Modelling and Analysis in GIS
AbstractThe last 5 years have seen the development of artificial intelligence (AI) methods that are capable of being applied to many practical problems. This paper looks at some of the actual and potential applications for AI in the area of space analysis and modeling relevant to GIS. Of particular importance here is the development of data exploration tools for pattern description, relationship seeking, and modeling. The paper reviews some of the applicable heuristic search, artificial life, genetic optimization, and neurocomputing methods.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Annals of Regional Science.
Volume (Year): 26 (1992)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00168/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Juan Carlos Duque & Raul Ramos Lobo & Jordi Surinach Caralt, 2004.
"Design of Homogeneous Territorial Units: A Methodological Proposal,"
Working Papers in Economics
115, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Juan Carlos Duque & Raúl Ramos, 2004. "Design of homogenous territorial units: a methodological proposal," ERSA conference papers ersa04p6, European Regional Science Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.