Fiscal Policy In European Union Countries – A Comparative Analysis Of Adjustment And Expansions Fiscal Policy Episodes
AbstractCurrent financial and economical context brings new challenges for most of the countries - the decrease of public revenues and the incapacity to adjust the public expenditures. This article aims to identify the applied strategies for large discretionary fiscal changes - fiscal adjustments and fiscal expansions for the period 1996-2011 in European Union countries - through changes in public revenues or public expenditures, and the effects on the economic growth process. Using data for fiscal adjustments (improve more than 1.5 percentage points of the budget balance) and for fiscal expansions (deterioration more than 1.5 percentage points of the budget balance), there are analysed the strategies and the consequences for reducing/increasing the deficit.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by ScientificPapers.org in its journal Journal of Knowledge Management, Economics and Information Technology.
Volume (Year): 2 (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.scientificpapers.org
fiscal policy; fiscal adjustment; fiscal expansions; public revenues; public expenditures;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H20 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - General
- H30 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - General
- H50 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - General
- H62 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Deficit; Surplus
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stoian, Andreea, 2011. "A Retrospective Approach on Government Response to Increasing Public Debt: Empirical Evidence for European Countries," Working Papers 15/2011, Universidade Portucalense, Centro de Investigação em Gestão e Economia (CIGE).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adrian Ghencea).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.