Factors Contributing To The Implementation Of Waterfront Projects In Penang Island
AbstractThe construction of waterfront projects in Penang Island is a new approach in bringing Penang Island to the next level of development. Projects involving reclamation of land by the edge of the river or the sea, through infrastructure or building projects, have progressed by leaps and bounds over the past few years. This paper aims to identify the factors contributing to the implementation of waterfront projects in Penang Island. Generally, implementation of the waterfront projects is led by four major factors, namely, political, economic, social, and technological. Each of these factors blends well with one another in order to enhance the implementation of waterfront projects in Penang Island. A structured questionnaire is designed and data are collected via mail, targeting project managers, contractors, consultants, and developers. The most influential considerations that lead to the implementation of the waterfront projects are found to be the allocation of land use through master planning and zoning, stable economic growth in Penang Island, demand for new approach of development in Penang Island and the availability of technology in land reclamation, under political, economic, social, and technological factors, respectively.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Accounting and Financial Management Constanta in its journal Journal of Academic Research in Economics.
Volume (Year): 4 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (March) ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www2.spiruharet.ro/facultati/facultate.php?id=9
More information through EDIRC
Waterfront projects; construction industry; contractors; Penang Island; Malaysia.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O15 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- O16 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- O25 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Industrial Policy
- O32 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- O33 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- O44 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Environment and Growth
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Claudiu Chiru).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.