Operating Cycle And Nonprofit Organizations Efficiency
AbstractDepending on the kind of realized mission, sensitivity to risk, which is a result of the decision about liquid assets investment level, NPOs should choose that level and resulting from it, the liquid assets financing. The kind of organization influences the best strategy choice. The organization choosing between various solutions in liquid assets needs to decide what level of risk is acceptable for its owners and capital suppliers. That choice results with financing consequences, especially at cost level. It is a basis for considerations about relations between risk and expected benefits from the liquid assets decision and its results on financing costs for both nonprofit or profit organizations. The paper shows how, in author’s opinion, decisions about liquid assets management strategy and choice between the kind of taxed or non-taxed form, inflow the risk of the organizations and its economical results during the realization of its main mission. Comparing the theoretical model with empirical data for 1000+ Polish nonprofit organization results, we suggest that nonprofit organization managing teams choose higher risky aggressive liquid assets solutions than for-profit organizations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Accounting and Financial Management Constanta in its journal Journal of Academic Research in Economics.
Volume (Year): 3 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (November) ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www2.spiruharet.ro/facultati/facultate.php?id=9
More information through EDIRC
liquidity value; short-run financial management; financial liquidity; liquid assets; working capital.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- L20 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - General
- O16 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michalsky, Grzegorz, 2012. "Crisis Caused Changes in Intrinsic Liquidity Value in Non-Profit Institutions," MPRA Paper 43397, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 19 Dec 2012.
- Grzegorz Michalski, 2012. "Crisis Caused Changes in Intrinsic Liquidity Value in Non-Profit Institutions," Equilibrium, Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika, vol. 7, pages 139-158.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Claudiu Chiru).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.