Catching Up with Technology - The Impact of Regulatory Changes on ECNs/MTFs and the Trading Venue Landscape in Europe
AbstractWith RegNMS in the US and MiFID in the EU, regulators respond to recent yearsâ€™ changes in trading concepts and infrastructures. Both try to catch up with technological advances and intend to create a level playing field between the different types of trading venues and a harmonisation in the order execution process. The paper illustrates and analyses the regulatory environments and the impact of their upcoming changes on ECNs and MTFs with a specific focus on Europe. Scenarios will be developed on how the regulatory overhauls will alter the competitive landscape between Regulated Markets, ECNs/MTFs and order flow internalising entities.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Intersentia in its journal Competition and Regulation in Network Industries (CRNI).
Volume (Year): 7 (2006)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.crninet.com/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cantillon, Estelle & Yin, Pai-Ling, 2011.
"Competition between exchanges: A research agenda,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 329-336, May.
- Hans Degryse, 2009. "Competition between financial markets in Europe: what can be expected from MiFID?," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 93-103, March.
- Degryse, H.A. & Jong, F.C.J.M. de & Kervel, V.L. van, 2011. "The Impact of Dark and Visible Fragmentation on Market Quality (Replaces CentER Discussion Paper 2011-051)," Discussion Paper 2011-069, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Kervel, V.L. van, 2013. "Competition between stock exchanges and optimal trading," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-5663709, Tilburg University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Petra Van den Bempt).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.