Catching Up with Technology - The Impact of Regulatory Changes on ECNs/MTFs and the Trading Venue Landscape in Europe
AbstractWith RegNMS in the US and MiFID in the EU, regulators respond to recent yearsâ€™ changes in trading concepts and infrastructures. Both try to catch up with technological advances and intend to create a level playing field between the different types of trading venues and a harmonisation in the order execution process. The paper illustrates and analyses the regulatory environments and the impact of their upcoming changes on ECNs and MTFs with a specific focus on Europe. Scenarios will be developed on how the regulatory overhauls will alter the competitive landscape between Regulated Markets, ECNs/MTFs and order flow internalising entities.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Intersentia in its journal Competition and Regulation in Network Industries (CRNI).
Volume (Year): 7 (2006)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.crninet.com/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Degryse, H.A. & Jong, F.C.J.M. de & Kervel, V.L. van, 2011. "The Impact of Dark and Visible Fragmentation on Market Quality (Replaces CentER Discussion Paper 2011-051)," Discussion Paper 2011-069, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Hans Degryse, 2009. "Competition between financial markets in Europe: what can be expected from MiFID?," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 93-103, March.
- Cantillon, Estelle & Yin, Pai-Ling, 2011.
"Competition between exchanges: A research agenda,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 329-336, May.
- Kervel, V.L. van, 2013. "Competition between stock exchanges and optimal trading," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-5663709, Tilburg University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Petra Van den Bempt).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.