Telecommunications Markets in the Stranglehold of EU Regulation: On the need for a disaggregated regulatory contract
AbstractIn this paper the design and implementation of a disaggregated regulatory contract onthe statutory level (EU Directives and national law) is derived, which should be an essential principle in the EU Review 2006. Its basic components consist of limiting regulation to monopolistic bottlenecks, exploiting the phasing-out potentials, and a disaggregated application of regulatory instruments. In contrast, the problem of opportunistic regulatory behaviour with respect to irreversible investments can be solved by the application of the already existing statutory constraint of the Framework Directive guaranteeing financial viability.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Intersentia in its journal Competition and Regulation in Network Industries (CRNI).
Volume (Year): 6 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.crninet.com/
telecommunications markets in the stranglehold of eu regulation: on the need for a disaggregated regulatory contract;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Knieps, Günter & Zenhäusern, Patrick, 2009. "Stepping stones and access holidays: the fallacies of regulatory micro-management," Discussion Papers 123, University of Freiburg, Institute for Transport Economics and Regional Policy.
- Knieps, Günter & Weiß, Hans-Jörg, 2007. "Reduction of regulatory risk: a network economic approach," Discussion Papers 117, University of Freiburg, Institute for Transport Economics and Regional Policy.
- Birke, Franziska, 2007. "Universaldienstregulierung in der Telekommunikation heute: Herausforderungen, Chancen und Risiken ; ein historischer Ansatz," Discussion Papers 114, University of Freiburg, Institute for Transport Economics and Regional Policy.
- Knieps, Günter & Weiß, Hans-Jörg, 2008. "Regulatory agencies and regulatory risk," Discussion Papers 118 [rev.], University of Freiburg, Institute for Transport Economics and Regional Policy.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Petra Van den Bempt).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.