A Guide to Graduate Study in Economics: Ranking Economics Departments by Fields of Expertise
AbstractPh.D. programs in economics are ranked overall and by subject field. The results provide insight to students researching graduate programs in economics in specific subject fields. Results indicate that (i) differences in overall research productivity measures diminish as a university's rank declines; (ii) a university ranked highly in a particular subject field may be the result of a single, extremely productive faculty member; and (iii) many programs outside the traditional top 20 programs are ranked high in specific subject fields.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Southern Economic Association in its journal Southern Economic Journal.
Volume (Year): 74 (2008)
Issue (Month): 4 (April)
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A11 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Role of Economics; Role of Economists
- A22 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - Undergraduate
- A23 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - Graduate
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Winkler, Anne E. & Levin, Sharon & Stephan, Paula & Glänzel, Wolfgang, 2011.
"Publishing Trends in Economics across Colleges and Universities, 1991-2007,"
IZA Discussion Papers
6082, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Winkler, A.E. & Levin, Sh. & Stephan, P. & Glänzel, Wolfgang, 2011. "Publishing trends in economics across colleges and universities," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/327130, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Franklin G. Mixon & Kamal P. Updahyaya, 2011. "From London to the Continent: Ranking European Economics Departments on the Basis of Prestigious Medals and Awards," Ekonomia, Cyprus Economic Society and University of Cyprus, vol. 14(2), pages 119-126, Winter.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Laura Razzolini).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.