Testing for (Efficiency) Catching-up
AbstractWe used advances in data envelopment analysis (DEA) techniques to examine efficiency scores and investigate the issue of convergence and divergence in a cross-country analysis. Specifically, we used bootstrapping techniques to examine a data set of 52 developed and developing countries. We found that when using the standard DEA model, some of the results were not robust. Further, we broke the sample into groups to examine club convergence. We found that efficiency scores were significantly different between groups and that there was some evidence of convergence of efficiency scores within each group.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Southern Economic Association in its journal Southern Economic Journal.
Volume (Year): 73 (2007)
Issue (Month): 4 (April)
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- C44 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Operations Research; Statistical Decision Theory
- O1 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mugera, Amin W. & Langemeier, Michael R., 2011. "Does Farm Size and Specialization Matter for Productive Efficiency? Results from Kansas," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 43(04), November.
- Henderson, Daniel J. & Tochkov, Kiril & Badunenko, Oleg, 2007. "A drive up the capital coast? Contributions to post-reform growth across Chinese provinces," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 569-594, September.
- Zelenyuk, Valentin, 2005. "Testing the impact of ICT in developed countries during 1980-1995: distributional analysis in Solow’s growth accounting framework," MPRA Paper 28029, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Dec 2010.
- Kerstin Enflo & Per Hjertstrand, 2009.
"Relative Sources of European Regional Productivity Convergence: A Bootstrap Frontier Approach,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(5), pages 643-659.
- Enflo, Kerstin & Hjertstrand, Per, 2006. "Relative sources of European regional productivity convergence: A bootstrap frontier approach," Working Papers 2006:17, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Oleg Badunenko & Daniel J. Henderson & Valentin Zelenyuk, 2007.
"Technological Change and Transition: Relative Contributions to Worldwide Growth during the 1990s,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
740, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Oleg Badunenko & Daniel J. Henderson & Valentin Zelenyuk, 2008. "Technological Change and Transition: Relative Contributions to Worldwide Growth During the 1990s," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 70(4), pages 461-492, 08.
- Wenjun Liu & Tomokazu Nomura & Shoji Nishijima, 2011. "Gender Discrimination and Firm Profit Efficiency:Evidence from Brazil," Discussion Papers 1019, Graduate School of Economics, Kobe University.
- Mugera, Amin W. & Langemeier, Michael R. & Featherstone, Allen M., 2012. "Labor Productivity Growth in the Kansas Farm Sector: A Tripartite Decomposition Using a Non-Parametric Approach," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 41(3), December.
- Valentin Zelenyuk & Leopold Simar, 2011. "To Smooth or Not to Smooth? The Case of Discrete Variables in Nonparametric Regressions," CEPA Working Papers Series WP102011, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Zelenyuk, Valentin, 2011.
"Aggregation of economic growth rates and of its sources,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 212(1), pages 190-198, July.
- Valentin Zelenyuk, 2010. "Aggregation of Economic Growth Rates and of its Sources," CEPA Working Papers Series WP032010, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Alice Shiu, Valentin Zelenyuk, 2010.
"Production Efficiency versus Ownership: The Case of China,"
33, Kyiv School of Economics.
- Shiu, Alice & Zelenyuk, Valentin, 2009. "Production Efficiency versus Ownership: The Case of China," MPRA Paper 23760, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 22 Mar 2010.
- Oleg Badunenko & Daniel J. Henderson & Romain Houssa, 2012. "Significant Drivers of Growth in Africa," Working Papers 1208, University of Namur, Department of Economics.
- Mugera, Amin W. & Langemeier, Michael R., 2008. "Labor Productivity Growth And Convergence In The Kansas Farm Sector: A Tripartite Decomposition Using The Dea Approach," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6069, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Laura Razzolini).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.