Endogenous Role in Mixed Markets: A Two-Production-Period Model
AbstractIn this paper, I investigate endogenous roles in a mixed duopoly, where private and state-owned public firms compete, by allowing two production periods. I find that many equilibria exist, including the Cournot-type equilibrium and one Stackelberg-type equilibrium where the public firm becomes the follower. However, another Stackelberg-type equilibrium where the public firm becomes the leader does not exist. If small inventory costs are introduced, the unique equilibrium outcome becomes the Stackelberg type where the public firm is the follower.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Southern Economic Association in its journal Southern Economic Journal.
Volume (Year): 70 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 (October)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tamás Balogh & Attila Tasnádi, 2012.
"Does timing of decisions in a mixed duopoly matter?,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 106(3), pages 233-249, July.
- Balogh, Tamás L. & Tasnádi, Attila, 2011. "Does timing of decisions in a mixed duopoly matter?," MPRA Paper 30993, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kazuhiro Ohnishi, 2006. "Investment Decisions in a New Mixed Market," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 7(2), pages 271-281, November.
- Li, Changying & Zhang, Jianhu, 2011. "Equilibrium locations in a mixed duopoly with sequential entry in real time," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 1211-1218, May.
- Rupayan Pal, 2010.
"How much should you own? Cross-ownership and privatization,"
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers
2010-015, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Rupayan Pal, 2012. "How much should you own? Cross-ownership and privatization," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2012-008, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Laura Razzolini).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.