Savings and Investment: Some International Perspectives
AbstractConsistent with neoclassical growth models, recent estimates of the close association between domestic saving and investment rates may allow policy makers the opportunity to alter investment through the introduction of polices that alter domestic savings. However, such an interpretation presumes an endogenous investment response. Equally likely, at least theoretically, is that the close association is maintained by movements in domestic savings. The present paper explicitly examines the endogeneity of domestic saving and investment rates. For a subset of countries, including the United States, the results suggest that saving adjustments make up only a small portion of investment behavior.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Southern Economic Association in its journal Southern Economic Journal.
Volume (Year): 68 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 (October)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Herwartz, Helmut & Xu, Fang, 2007.
"A functional coefficient model view of the Feldstein-Horioka puzzle,"
Economics Working Papers
2007,14, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Herwartz, H. & Xu, F., 2010. "A functional coefficient model view of the Feldstein-Horioka puzzle," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 37-54, February.
- Jerry Coakley & Ana-Maria Fuertes & Fabio Spagnolo, 2004. "The Feldstein-Horioka puzzle is not as bad as you think," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2003, Money Macro and Finance Research Group 17, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- João Sousa Andrade, 2006. "Mobilidade do Capital e Sustentabilidade Externa: uma aplicação da tese de F-H a Portugal (1910-2004)," GEMF Working Papers 2006-04, GEMF - Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Laura Razzolini).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.