Pricing Liquid Petroleum Gas in Mexico
AbstractThis paper considers the regulation of pricing of liquid petroleum gas in Mexico. We construct a model that incorporates all information essential to the pricing question and derive relationships that should hold between prices in Mexico and prices in world markets. Prices in Mexico can be tied to the readily observable prices in the United States by a netback rule. However, this rule can lead to incentives to increase the price of domestic liquid petroleum gas by diverting production from the regulated market.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Southern Economic Association in its journal Southern Economic Journal.
Volume (Year): 66 (2000)
Issue (Month): 3 (January)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Juan Rosellón & Dagobert L. Brito, 2008.
"Lumpy Investment in Regulated Natural Gas Pipelines: An Application of the Theory of The Second Best,"
DTE 426, CIDE, División de Economía.
- Dagobert Brito & Juan Rosellón, 2011. "Lumpy Investment in Regulated Natural Gas Pipelines: An Application of the Theory of the Second Best," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 533-553, September.
- Dagobert L. Brito & Juan Rosellón, 2010. "Lumpy Investment in Regulated Natural Gas Pipelines: An Application of the Theory of the Second Best," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1024, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Brito, Dagobert & Rosellon, Juan, 2004. "Implications Of The Elasticity Of Natural Gas In Mexico On Investment In Gas Pipelines And In Setting The Arbitrage Point," MPRA Paper 54115, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Brito, Dagobert & Rosellón, Juan, 2002. "Timing of Investment in LPG Pipelines in Mexico," MPRA Paper 54116, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rosellon, Juan, 2008. "Policy Research Supporting Policy Making: The CIDE-CRE Agreement," MPRA Paper 22419, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ramirez, Jose Carlos & Rosellon, Juan, 2002. "Pricing natural gas distribution in Mexico," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 231-248, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Laura Razzolini).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.