Testing The Models Of Regional Specialization In Terms Of New Theories Of International Trade
AbstractTo test intra-industry specialization patterns, in regional profile, was started to determine the regional indices of marginal specialization (Brulhart indices), since these decompose the changes that occur in the processes of specialization into three components: the marginal intra-industry specialization, inter-industry specialization that determine the increase of previous specialization and the inter-industry specialization causing its decrease. To capture the dynamic determinants of specialization processes were built econometric models where were tested only those predictors offered by new theories of international trade.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Romanian Statistical Review in its journal Romanian Statistical Review.
Volume (Year): 61 (2013)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 16 Libertatii Avenue, Sector 5, Bucureşti, Code 70542
Phone: 004 021 336 2691
Fax: 004 021 3124873
Web page: http://www.revistadestatistica.ro
More information through EDIRC
inter and intra-industry specialization; the marginal intraindustry specialization index; economies of scale; degree of trade liberalization;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paulo Bastos, & Manuel Cabral, .
"The Dynamics of International Trade Patterns,"
07/06, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- Paulo Bastos & Manuel Cabral, 2007. "The Dynamics of International Trade Patterns," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 143(3), pages 391-415, October.
- Mary Amiti, 1999.
"Specialization patterns in Europe,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer, vol. 135(4), pages 573-593, December.
- Michael H. Stierle & Ulrike von Schütz, 2003. "Regional specialisation and sectoral concentration: an empirical analysis for the enlarged EU," ERSA conference papers ersa03p317, European Regional Science Association.
- Brulhart, Marius, 2000. "Dynamics of Intraindustry Trade and Labor-Market Adjustment," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(3), pages 420-35, August.
- Davis, Donald R. & Weinstein, David E., 2003. "Market access, economic geography and comparative advantage: an empirical test," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 1-23, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adrian Visoiu).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.