Statistical Evaluation Of Regional Differences Regarding Passenger Cars Fleet Concentration From Romania, In 2007-2012
AbstractThe aim of this research work is to evaluate the concentration of passenger cars fleet from Romania, by regions, in 2007–2012, to verify if there are significant regional differences in its distribution. To assess the concentration degree it is used the concentration ratio, considering the first three marks of passenger cars like importance, and for the analysis of regional differences and in time it is used the analysis of variance (ANOVA). The data are extracted from website www.drpciv.ro with the help of an application created in Visual Fox program and are processed in the statistical program R. The results showed the tendency reduction of the weight of the first three marks of cars in passenger cars fleet, simultaneously with the increasing diversification of marks, at regional level being registered significant differences.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Romanian Statistical Review in its journal Romanian Statistical Review.
Volume (Year): 61 (2013)
Issue (Month): 10 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 16 Libertatii Avenue, Sector 5, Bucureşti, Code 70542
Phone: 004 021 336 2691
Fax: 004 021 3124873
Web page: http://www.revistadestatistica.ro
More information through EDIRC
concentration ratio; passenger cars fleet; variance analysis; regional differences;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Filippini Massimo & Deb Kaushik, 2010.
"Public bus transport demand elasticities in India,"
Quaderni della facoltÃ di Scienze economiche dell'UniversitÃ di Lugano
1002, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- Phetkeo Poumanyvong & Shinji Kaneko & Shobhakar Dhakal, 2012.
"Impacts of urbanization on national transport and road energy use: Evidence from low, middle and high income countries,"
IDEC DP2 Series
2-2, Hiroshima University, Graduate School for International Development and Cooperation (IDEC).
- Poumanyvong, Phetkeo & Kaneko, Shinji & Dhakal, Shobhakar, 2012. "Impacts of urbanization on national transport and road energy use: Evidence from low, middle and high income countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 268-277.
- Sebastian Bamberg & Daniel Rölle & Christoph Weber, 2003. "Does habitual car use not lead to more resistance to change of travel mode?," Transportation, Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 97-108, February.
- Meyer, I. & Wessely, S., 2009. "Fuel efficiency of the Austrian passenger vehicle fleet--Analysis of trends in the technological profile and related impacts on CO2 emissions," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 3779-3789, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adrian Visoiu).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.