Cohesion Policy:Methodology And Indicators Towards Common Approach
AbstractThe territorial cohesion is a focal object of the regional programming period 2007-2013. This paper aims to purpose a critical review of the cohesion conceptualisation and of its measure, starting from an exchange of experiences and from an initial institutional demand inspired to regional projects foreseen in 2013 programme (ESPON Seminar 2008; French Green paper on Cohesion 2008). Starting from a literature review and from the basic question of indicators, the paper aims to enhance territorial cohesion, measuring its different levels at local, national and European level. The author takes a methodological approach to analyse and to detect a set of territorial cohesion indicators and to evaluate effectiveness and efficiency of indicators’ systems, currently used to measure this territorial dimension (STeMA). This kind of approach is relevant to the programming period of new Structural Funds, looking at the French Green Paper 2008, implementing the 2007-13 Programme.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Romanian Regional Science Association in its journal Romanian Journal of Regional Science.
Volume (Year): 2 (2008)
Issue (Month): 2 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.rrsa.ro
territorial cohesion; model; system of indicators; efficiency;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- P25 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Urban, Rural, and Regional Economics
- P41 - Economic Systems - - Other Economic Systems - - - Planning, Coordination, and Reform
- P48 - Economic Systems - - Other Economic Systems - - - Political Economy; Legal Institutions; Property Rights; Natural Resources; Energy; Environment; Regional Studies
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bogdan-Vasile Ileanu).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.