On the Sraffa-Leontief Model
AbstractIn this paper we consider the matrix forms of the Sraffa-Leontief income distribution model introduced by Steenge (1995, 1997). We will explore the equivalence between these matrix forms and the set of simpler models, including the Sraffian condition of linear relations between the rate of profits r and wage rate w*. Further, we will evaluate the condition that the price vector p and the commodities vector x are the left-hand and the right-hand eigenvectors of the matrix A of direct inputs and that these vectors are the fixed points of the Sraffian standard commodities-standard prices matrix. We will then explore links between the Sraffa-Leontief system and the multiplier product matrix (MPM) for the matrix A to consider new insights generated through visualization with the help an artificial economic landscape. Furthermore, the connections between MPM and the Sraffian standard commodities-standard prices matrix and their minimal information properties are proven.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Southern Regional Science Association in its journal Review of Regional Studies.
Volume (Year): 37 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.srsa.org
Distribution; Income Distribution; Income; Wage;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B51 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Socialist; Marxian; Sraffian
- C67 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Input-Output Models
- E25 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Aggregate Factor Income Distribution
- L16 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Industrial Organization and Macroeconomics; Macroeconomic Industrial Structure
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- R15 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Econometric and Input-Output Models; Other Methods
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark L. Burkey).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.