On the Sraffa-Leontief Model
AbstractIn this paper we consider the matrix forms of the Sraffa-Leontief income distribution model introduced by Steenge (1995, 1997). We will explore the equivalence between these matrix forms and the set of simpler models, including the Sraffian condition of linear relations between the rate of profits r and wage rate w*. Further, we will evaluate the condition that the price vector p and the commodities vector x are the left-hand and the right-hand eigenvectors of the matrix A of direct inputs and that these vectors are the fixed points of the Sraffian standard commodities-standard prices matrix. We will then explore links between the Sraffa-Leontief system and the multiplier product matrix (MPM) for the matrix A to consider new insights generated through visualization with the help an artificial economic landscape. Furthermore, the connections between MPM and the Sraffian standard commodities-standard prices matrix and their minimal information properties are proven.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Southern Regional Science Association in its journal Review of Regional Studies.
Volume (Year): 37 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.srsa.org
Distribution; Income Distribution; Income; Wage;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B51 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Socialist; Marxian; Sraffian
- C67 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Input-Output Models
- E25 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomics: Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Aggregate Factor Income Distribution
- L16 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Industrial Organization and Macroeconomics; Macroeconomic Industrial Structure
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- R15 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Econometric and Input-Output Models; Other Methods
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statistics
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark L. Burkey).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.