Regolazione decentrata e servizio concentrato: le ferrovie regionali viaggiano su un binario stretto?
AbstractThis paper focuses on the recent evolution of structure and regulation of local railways transportation in Italy. The regulation changes aimed at improving the efficiency and the quality of service of regional trains produced very modest results. Regions have not exploited the tools available, encouraging the dominance of Trenitalia (the most important provider of transportation services under public control) in local markets too. Service improvement requires more “neutral rules” and greater ability of Regions in selecting the operator and in defining the content of service contracts. The existing network is sufficient, given its present use, also in international comparison.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by SIPI Spa in its journal Rivista di Politica Economica.
Volume (Year): (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 (July-September)
Contact details of provider:
trasporto ferroviario locale; regolamentazione dei trasporti; federalismo;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H54 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Infrastructures
- H77 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Intergovernmental Relations; Federalism
- L92 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Railroads and Other Surface Transportation
- R41 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Transportation: Demand, Supply, and Congestion
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Raffaello Bronzini & Piero Casadio & Giuseppe Marinelli, 2012. "What the Regional Transport Infrastructure Indicators Can and Cannot Tell Us," QA - Rivista dell'Associazione Rossi-Doria, Associazione Rossi Doria, issue 1, March.
- Piero Casadio & Marco Paccagnella, 2012. "Criticalities in the Funding, Planning and Selection of Infrastructure Projects in Italy," QA - Rivista dell'Associazione Rossi-Doria, Associazione Rossi Doria, issue 1, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabrina Marino).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.