La manifattura in Italia nell’ultimo decennio, sulle spalle dei… nani
AbstractHow has the Italian manufacturing changed in the last decade? The empirical evidence shows that large size did not outperform the medium-small size. “Giants” appear less profitable, riskier and financially weaker when compared to “dwarfs”, that appear better performers, financially stronger and more able to face the crises (the gap increases in troubled periods). Furthermore, the medium-sized firms, which operate in district areas, outperformed the counterparts operating in the context of large firms. If we distinguish myth from reality, it seems clear that size effect does not win in terms of performance and risk. Policy makers could derive useful insights
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by SIPI Spa in its journal Rivista di Politica Economica.
Volume (Year): (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 (July-September)
Contact details of provider:
size effect on performance and risk; trends in Italian manufacturing; MSEs in industrial districts;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
- M21 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics - - - Business Economics
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabrina Marino).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.