The Pricing of the Option Implicitly Granted by the Italian Treasury to the Specialists in the Reserved Auction Reopening
AbstractThe Italian Treasury selects a group of Specialists within the Government securities primary market participants. They benefit from a set of obligations and privileges. Academic literature paid scant attention to the privilege of participation in reserved auction reopenings, i.e. the right to buy predetermined additional quantities of Government securities at the auction price. This paper attempts to price this privilege as a call option in the framework of the Cox - Ingersoll - Ross model. No matter the one-day life, it has a value significantly different from zero. Moreover, it helps to explain part of the mispricing between the primary and secondary market.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by SIPI Spa in its journal Rivista di Politica Economica.
Volume (Year): (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (January-March)
Contact details of provider:
term structure of interest rates; option pricing; auctions; mispricing;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D49 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Other
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabrina Marino).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.