Input-Output Structure and New Keynesian Phillips Curve
AbstractI show that an input-output production structure reinforces persistence in the pricing behavior of firms using a Calvo mechanism. In particular, the optimal price today depends upon the expected optimal prices in the infinite future and those set in the infinite past. It follows that the effect of the marginal cost on inflation in the new Keynesian Phillips curve is dampened with respect to the standard model. This helps in explaining the difference between the most recent empirical evidence on price adjustment frequency in the U.S. and structural estimates of the new Keynesian Phillips curve.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by SIPI Spa in its journal Rivista di Politica Economica.
Volume (Year): 99 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 (April-June)
Contact details of provider:
pricing under uncertainty; inflation; Phillips curve;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E30 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- E39 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Other
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Petrella, Ivan & Rossi, Raffaele & Santoro, Emiliano, 2014.
"Discretion vs. timeless perspective under model-consistent stabilization objectives,"
Elsevier, vol. 122(1), pages 84-88.
- Ivan Petrella & Raffaele Rossi & Emiliano Santoro, 2013. "Discretion vs. Timeless Perspective under Model-consistent Stabilization Objectives," Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance 1306, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- Petrella, Ivan & Rossi, Raffaele & Santoro, Emiliano, 2013. "Discretion vs. Timeless Perspective under Model-consistent Stabilization Objectives," CEPR Discussion Papers 9731, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Federico di Pace, 2008. "Revisiting the Comovement Puzzle: the Input-Output Structure as an Additional Solution," Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance 0807, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- Ivan Petrella & Raffaele Rossi & Emiliano Santoro, 2012. "Discretion vs. Timeless Perspective Policy-Making: the Role of Input-Output Interactions," Discussion Papers 12-20, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabrina Marino).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.