Assessment Of The Sustainable Urban Development Level Through The Use Of Indicators Of Sustainability
AbstractIn this paper the authors analized the evolution of four major cities of Romania between 2006-2008, with the goal to compare and rank them in terms sustainable development. To meet this goal, we have choosed indicators of sustainability at urban level, grouped in four categories (economic, social, environmental and natural resources). For each city was calculated an overall score. The comparation of these scores could be used to diferentiate the cities in terms of sustainability in each year and the evolution during a period of three years, and provides important informations about the measures that can be applied for future improvement.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Research Centre in Public Administration and Public Services, Bucharest, Romania in its journal Theoretical and Empirical Researches in Urban Management.
Volume (Year): 6 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
sustainable development; indicators; monitoring; city; comparison; ranking.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
- Q01 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - Sustainable Development
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andreea Ileana Zamfir, 2011. "Management Of Renewable Energy And Regional Development: European Experiences And Steps Forward," Theoretical and Empirical Researches in Urban Management, Research Centre in Public Administration and Public Services, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 6(3), pages 35-42, August.
- Silverio HERNÁNDEZ-MORENO, 2011. "Importance Of Service Life Planning In Sustainable Architecture," Management Research and Practice, Research Centre in Public Administration and Public Services, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 3(3), pages 21-31, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Colesca Sofia) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Colesca Sofia to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.