Urban Planning Management System In Los Angeles: An Overview
AbstractThis paper gives an overview of the urban planning management system in Los Angeles, United States. This system consists of institutional subsystem, legal subsystem, operational subsystem, and technical subsystem. The City of Los Angeles Planning Department carries out its urban planning responsibilities in accordance with the General Plan Guidelines promulgated by the Governor’s Office of Planning and Research. The planning process has a good balance between government activities and citizen participations. The City’s advanced technical tools, including internet-based Zoning Information and Map Access System and online filing system, have fostered the public interaction with the planning process. The City is recommended to incorporate more market-based planning measures in the future.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Research Centre in Public Administration and Public Services, Bucharest, Romania in its journal Theoretical and Empirical Researches in Urban Management.
Volume (Year): 4 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2(11) (May)
urban planning management system; general plan; zoning; subdivision;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O18 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- R52 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Land Use and Other Regulations
- R14 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Land Use Patterns
- L52 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Industrial Policy; Sectoral Planning Methods
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Silverio HERNÁNDEZ-MORENO, 2010. "Integration Of Service Life In The Process Of Management And Design Of Buildings," Management Research and Practice, Research Centre in Public Administration and Public Services, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 2(4), pages 397-408, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Colesca Sofia) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Colesca Sofia to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.