Measuring efficiency of a hierarchical organization with fuzzy DEA method
AbstractThe paper analyses how the data envelopment analysis (DEA) and fuzzy set theory can be used to measure and evaluate the efficiency of a hierarchical system with n decision making units and a coordinating unit. It is presented a model for determining the of activity levels of decision making units so as to achieve both fuzzy objectives of achieving global target levels of coordination unit on the inputs and outputs and individual target levels of decision making units, and then some methods to resolve fuzzy models are proposed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania in its journal Economia. Seria Management.
Volume (Year): 12 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
fuzzy DEA; policy making in multi-level organisations; efficiency analysis;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- C65 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Miscellaneous Mathematical Tools
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zhu, Joe, 2003. "Imprecise data envelopment analysis (IDEA): A review and improvement with an application," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 144(3), pages 513-529, February.
- Cook, Wade D. & Seiford, Larry M., 2009. "Data envelopment analysis (DEA) - Thirty years on," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 192(1), pages 1-17, January.
- Hatami-Marbini, Adel & Emrouznejad, Ali & Tavana, Madjid, 2011.
"A taxonomy and review of the fuzzy data envelopment analysis literature: Two decades in the making,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 214(3), pages 457-472, November.
- HATAMI-MARBINI, Adel & EMROUZNEJAD, Ali & TAVANA, Madjid, . "A taxonomy and review of the fuzzy data envelopment analysis literature: two decades in the making," CORE Discussion Papers RP -2367, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ciocoiu Nadia Carmen).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.