Economic effectiveness of activities of vegetable growers’ associations in Serbia
AbstractTaking into account that agriculture is one of the most important parts of economy of Republic of Serbia, it is necessary to pay special attention to its improvement. One of ways to significantly incentive agricultural development is formation of farmers’associations, primarily because Serbian agricultural production is based at small familyfarms. It is very important to form such associations among vegetable producers, because they are small scale producers and encounter many problems in business operations. Thus, the paper deals with economic effects which are possible to achieve for small farmers by involving in growers’ associations. Farmers who are members of associations have an opportunity to sale their products to big retail chains, as well to export vegetables, and get higher price for their products. Along with income improvement, they may reduce production costs and sale costs. Consequently, membership in growers’ associations provides higher profit for small family farms. Analysis showed that associations should primarily take care about relation with their customers, because changes of vegetable prices could increase farmers’ profit more than costs reduction. To achieve their goals such associations need serious state support, as well as support from various other organizations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania in its journal Economia. Seria Management.
Volume (Year): 12 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
associations; vegetables; price; costs.;
Other versions of this item:
- Jonel SUBICH, Ph.D. & Sanjin IVANOVICH & Claudiu CICEA, 2008. "Economic Effectiveness of Activities of Vegetable Growers’ Associations in Serbia," Annals of University of Craiova - Economic Sciences Series, University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 1(36), pages 102-108, May.
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- Q16 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - R&D; Agricultural Technology; Biofuels; Agricultural Extension Services
- Q17 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agriculture in International Trade
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ivanovic, Sanjin & Todorovic, Sasa & Nastic, Lana, 2012. "Impact Of Energy Prices On Income Of Labour On Field Crop Operations," Economics of Agriculture, Institute of Agricultural Economics, vol. 59(2).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ciocoiu Nadia Carmen).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.