What is Romania’s Wealth? The Foundation of a National Wealth Evaluation Econometric Model
AbstractThe importance of knowing the country’s national wealth level and structure is determined by the fact that these factors condition the sense and content of the development of a country on short, medium and long term. A study of the World Bank made in 2006 proves that the sustainable development is generated by a wealth structure in which the dominant role is that of the intangible capital, of the anthropic capital and of the natural capital having rather facilitating functions. This study also presents the situation of Romania’s wealth. In 2000, the national wealth of our country was characterized by a non-competitive structure and a low sustainable development generation potential. The current study aims at updating the econometric model (until 2009) of Romania’s national wealth estimation presented by the World Bank in its 2006 report.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Institute for Economic Forecasting in its journal Romanian Journal for Economic Forecasting.
Volume (Year): (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Casa Academiei, Calea 13, Septembrie nr.13, sector 5, Bucureşti 761172
Phone: 004 021 3188148
Fax: 004 021 3188148
Web page: http://www.ipe.ro/
More information through EDIRC
anthropic capital; natural capital; intangible capital; sustainable development; capitalization;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- E01 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - Measurement and Data on National Income and Product Accounts and Wealth; Environmental Accounts
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Capital; Investment; Capacity
- O11 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yogesh Malhotra, 2000. "Knowledge Assets in the Global Economy: Assessment of National Intellectual Capital," Journal of Global Information Management (JGIM), IGI Global, vol. 8(3), pages 5-15, July.
- Roxana Arabela Dumitrascu & Vadim Dumitrascu, 2013. "The Role of the Intangible Capital in Romania’s Recent Historical – Economic Evolutions," Knowledge Horizons - Economics, Faculty of Finance, Banking and Accountancy Bucharest,"Dimitrie Cantemir" Christian University Bucharest, vol. 5(4), pages 81-84, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Corina Saman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.