Possible Evolutions of Investment Rate – Error Correction Models Scenarios
AbstractStarting from the basic relationship among investment, GDP and the active interest rate estimated as long-term tendency, several short-term dynamics equation are built for revealing the impact of different factors: cost of capital, foreign direct investments, labor (unemployment rate, real net wage, tax burden). The impact of the economic crisis is analyzed in relation to the changes that occur on long term in the elasticities of different factors. Scenarios are built, which allow for previsions on the possible macroeconomic evolutions. Some required economic policy measures are suggested, with the view to diminish the negative impacts of certain factors in times of economic crisis.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Institute for Economic Forecasting in its journal Romanian Journal for Economic Forecasting.
Volume (Year): (2011)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Casa Academiei, Calea 13, Septembrie nr.13, sector 5, Bucureşti 761172
Phone: 004 021 3188148
Fax: 004 021 3188148
Web page: http://www.ipe.ro/
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Capital; Investment; Capacity
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dobrescu, Emilian, 2008. "A Desirable Scenario For The Romanian Economy During 2008-2013," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 5(4), pages 15-58, December.
- Scutaru, Cornelia & Saman, Corina & Stanica, Cristian, 2009. "The Relation between Predictability and Complexity: Domestic and Public Consumption in the Romanian Economy," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 6(3), pages 34-46, September.
- Dinica, Mihai Cristian & Armeanu, Daniel, 2014. "The Optimal Hedging Ratio for Non-Ferrous Metals," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(1), pages 105-122, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Corina Saman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.