Efficiency, Effectiveness and Performance of the Public Sector
AbstractThe current economic situation determined by the effects of the crisis is causing the governments of the countries worldwide to streamline their processes in terms of collecting revenue from the state budget and then redistributing it on the principle of performance and economic efficiency. In this sense the comparative analysis of the efficiency in the public and private sector is the starting point for studying the role of efficiency, effectiveness and performance regarding the economic governance of resources utilization by the public management for achieving medium and long-term objectives of economic recovery and sustainable development of national economies. Public sector performance score for UE countries (PSPUE), which represents the objective of the current work, aims to quantify and present the real situation in terms of public sector performance.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Institute for Economic Forecasting in its journal Romanian Journal for Economic Forecasting.
Volume (Year): (2010)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Casa Academiei, Calea 13, Septembrie nr.13, sector 5, Bucureşti 761172
Phone: 004 021 3188148
Fax: 004 021 3188148
Web page: http://www.ipe.ro/
More information through EDIRC
public expenditure; efficiency; input; output; outcomes;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H0 - Public Economics - - General
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Afonso, António & Schuknecht, Ludger & Tanzi, Vito, 2003.
"Public sector efficiency: an international comparison,"
Working Paper Series
0242, European Central Bank.
- António Afonso & Ludger Schuknecht & Vito Tanzi, 2005. "Public sector efficiency: An international comparison," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 123(3), pages 321-347, June.
- António Afonso & Ludger Schuknecht & Vito Tanzi, 2006.
"Public Sector Efficiency: Evidence for New EU Member States and Emerging Markets,"
2006/01, Department of Economics at the School of Economics and Management (ISEG), Technical University of Lisbon..
- Antonio Afonso & Ludger Schuknecht & Vito Tanzi, 2010. "Public sector efficiency: evidence for new EU member states and emerging markets," Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 42(17), pages 2147-2164.
- Afonso, António & Schuknecht, Ludger & Tanzi, Vito, 2006. "Public sector efficiency: evidence for new EU member states and emerging markets," Working Paper Series 0581, European Central Bank.
- Ulrike Mandl & Adriaan Dierx & Fabienne Ilzkovitz, 2008. "The effectiveness and efficiency of public spending," European Economy - Economic Papers 301, Directorate General Economic and Monetary Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Alina Profiroiu & Marius Profiroiu, 2007. "Analysis of Public Sector Performances," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 1(1(506)), pages 41-50, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Corina Saman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.